Solution for illegal worker

I work in a taiwanese company, and am seeking out ideas to get a work permit.

I have only just graduated from my university, and have no work expereince apart from ‘dagong’ here and there during those 4 years.

I fear telling big lies, as the local TECO office in Australia knows me pretty well.

Does any one have any great ideas? I so welcome them… because I need a way to save money on tuition, insurance and having to leave the country so often.

A big thank you!

. . . . . also, in regard to marrying a Taiwanese… would someone in my situation be able to do ANY job without prior experience?

I fear you will not even be able to lie as you have just recently graduated and there is obviously no room to squeeze in two years of the required experience. As an aside, you should also note that not all areas of employment are approved.

Being married, however, will allow you to work wherever you please, but the process is long and fraught with hazards, and I’m not even talking about actually being married. That’s a another story entirely. Think thrice.

Thanks…

Well, if I say said that I did some volunteer work on the side while at university in a relevant field… would this potentially make a difference?

Oh, and the ‘field’ is trade. Is this making my case worse??!!

Trade is fine. Volunteer work won’t cut it though. It has to be fulltime work.

[quote=“perfumed”]Thanks…

Well, if I say said that I did some volunteer work on the side while at university in a relevant field… would this potentially make a difference?

Oh, and the ‘field’ is trade. Is this making my case worse??!![/quote]

The experience if you can come up with it has to be POST degree

The standard rule is 2 years post-college work in a similar field. But starting last year, the gov’t changed the rule to decide on a case-by-case basis those individuals not having the 2 years experience. Don’t know much else about it, but its probably worth looking into.

I knew a Dutch guy in Taipei who was teaching English full-time while on a “work experience” visa through a friend’s friend’s friend’s company…

I think that got him around his lack of work experience.

I was in total awe of the guy… getting a better visa than me, and then pretending to be American so he could land the teaching job, even though he could barely speak English.

Just remember, anything’s possible in this country…

Cheers,

Babou