Solutions to getting a file on a CD to a USB

I have a copy of my X-ray that I need to send the files to for visa application. I got the X-ray from the doctor burned into a CD. Turns out, no one has a CD rom reader player on the computer anymore.

I heard those photo developments shops where you get ID pictures taken should be able to do it? I need to take a ID picture taken anyways so kill two birds in one stone? Someone said maybe the public library but can anyone just go into the public library or I need to apply for some library card.

Try some of those shops that repair (old) desktop computers. They seem to have sprouted up like mushrooms in various parts of cities. Or even an Internet cafe; you know, the ones where sometimes people are found slumped to death after 48 hours of online gaming and free tea (but bring a mask, ha).

I haven’t thought of that. I wonder if those computers have a CD players. I guess I could call ahead. None around my block to walk by.

I have a CD/DVD reader/burner on my computers

I bought an add on plug into USB port CD reader for like $1500. Rarely use it, but life saving when needed.

One is built in, the other USB. Use them as ‘rescue discs’

Front desk at your apartment may well have a CD reader

1 Like

true, they have a bunch of computers they watch security cameras with

I might do this. No one has one lol.