Some help with car part names in chinese related to high end stereo

I know stereos and how to do all that fun stuff, but i am terrible with actual car mechanics, and need a mechanic to do that stuff. One thing i think i need is a better alternator for higher power. How do i say that in Chinese?

I also assume i need new battery but i know that chinese. Anything else i should know when telling the mechanic?

we sued to do up trucks to take into the mountains for raves in Canada, but that was 10 years ago and I am probably slightly rusty. Plus i notice with home stereos stuff in Taiwan the resistance (ohms) is all over the place, where in Canada most of the common commercial stuff was basically 8ohm/home 4 ohm/car, but here i have no idea what the car situation will be. anything i should know?

i am not planning huge anything, jut something to enjoy out in solitude or with friends, without killing my battery! I have walked home in the deep mountains before back home from killing batteries or running out of gas for the generators, not looking to repeat those fond memories.

will probably just be running something simple like 2x 8 or 10" woofers and then some mids and something for the highs. probably under 1000w all tolled.

alternator = 發電機 (fa1 dian4 ji1) and I can’t think of any synonym to this word.

As to the ohm things, I think there are different output terminals on the amplifier for different ohm values of speakers. Just pick what is matchable.

[quote=“Pingdong”]I know stereos and how to do all that fun stuff, but I am terrible with actual car mechanics, and need a mechanic to do that stuff. One thing I think I need is a better alternator for higher power. How do I say that in Chinese?

I also assume I need new battery but I know that chinese. Anything else i should know when telling the mechanic?

we sued to do up trucks to take into the mountains for raves in Canada, but that was 10 years ago and I am probably slightly rusty. Plus i notice with home stereos stuff in Taiwan the resistance (ohms) is all over the place, where in Canada most of the common commercial stuff was basically 8ohm/home 4 ohm/car, but here I have no idea what the car situation will be. anything i should know?

I am not planning huge anything, jut something to enjoy out in solitude or with friends, without killing my battery! I have walked home in the deep mountains before back home from killing batteries or running out of gas for the generators, not looking to repeat those fond memories.

will probably just be running something simple like 2x 8 or 10" woofers and then some mids and something for the highs. probably under 1000w all tolled.[/quote]

You basically need a bigger battery than stock.

Taiwan stereos are typically the same ratings as in any other country. 4 ohms standard for most stereos and speakers.

8 ohm for cars as well? granted i havent done it for awhile but in canada it was always 4 for car. will find out i guess.

one more Q hoe do you say crossover in chinese? i even forget how to say the proper name for high pitch speakers which are separate and built together, but i want to wire my own system all with separate speakers.

thanks guys, adding - alternator = 發電機 (fa1 dian4 ji1) - to my writing list of chinese :slight_smile:

so stock battery clearly crap, but what about 2? or should i find specialty store that has better batteries? i dont mind wiring in 2. I will be buying a car at some point and stripping it when i do so planning it in advance to do it all at once.

Sorry. That’s my fault. I suffered a brain fart. Car stereos are typically 4.

[quote=“Pingdong”]one more Q hoe do you say crossover in chinese? i even forget how to say the proper name for high pitch speakers which are separate and built together, but I want to wire my own system all with separate speakers.

thanks guys, adding - alternator = 發電機 (fa1 dian4 ji1) - to my writing list of chinese :slight_smile:[/quote]
Crossover = 分音器 fen1 yin1 qi4
Crossover network = 分音器網路 fen1 yin1 qi4 wang3 lu4
high-pitch speaker = 高音喇叭 gao1 yin1 la3 ba1
separate high-pitch speaker = 獨立高音喇叭 du2 li4 gao1 yin1 la3 ba1

Welcome!

oh man, you have no idea how long i have tried to figure those out. my local peers here gave me that crooked eye every time i started talking about speakers.

quote that just so it doesnt get lost.

[quote]Crossover = 分音器 fen1 yin1 qi4
Crossover network = 分音器網路 fen1 yin1 qi4 wang3 lu4
high-pitch speaker = 高音喇叭 gao1 yin1 la3 ba1
separate high-pitch speaker = 獨立高音喇叭 du2 li4 gao1 yin1 la3 ba1
alternator = 發電機 (fa1 dian4 ji1)
[/quote]

seriously appreciated.

It will be interesting to see their surprised wide open eyes when you correctly mention those terms :discodance:

Hey I go down to Pingdong once or twice every month. Wanna have a drink?

indeed. once i get my new visa, will be going car shopping and start thinking about sound again. I swear no LED or hello kitty will be allowed.

But now i am wondering, is it better to import my own stuff, or are there actually half decent shops around that carry decent components? especially woofers and mids? i know there are lots here, but all the ones i see are mediocre. all my local boy friends here have loud, but poor quality shit and they paid out the ass… tehy dont even realize, so i dont say anything but if i am dropping the $ i dont want the same garbage…

Also, how can i describe to the folks at the shop i am worried about windows breaking in a serious conversation. we used to have to modify our windows for this reason. one friend back home even cracked his roof (fiberglass) in the canopy of his truck, so i think less power might be better but want things to shake still.