Some M@ther F*^%er Just Poisoned The Cats

I live in MuCha near the mountains and we have (had) some feral cats living near by. They lived pretty well since there is a lot of prey and snacks about. They were born in the woods behind our house and they grew to be pretty buff - I mean they were really muscular and had healthy coats.

Anyway, my wife came home to do her gardening yesterday and found one dead in her flower patch. The other in the alley behind our house. They like our yard 'cause we don’t chase them away and someimtes my wife would feed them. I think they felt sick and tried to make it back somewhere “safe”. My wife was pretty upset since she watched them grow up. My kids were pretty disturbed at how someone could kill an animal for no good reason.

I know this is common here - but :fume: :fume: it could have been my cat had we let her outised. It’s only because she just had an operation that she didn’t get done in. I know she would have found it.

I think I know who did it too - there is a nosey old granny who lives in the back row of houses - always into everyones shite. She was complaining about the noise the cats make…The security guard and I got the tape - we’re gonna have a “town hall” over this. Many other pet owners are upset as well. However, I don’t want to confront her directly as she can be a real pain in the a$$

Doing the right thing, I’d say.
At this meeting, you could point out that you all know it was her (if you really DO know, that is) and that if ANYONE’s pet ends up sick or dead, she’ll be blamed/sued/beaten/have voodoo spells cast on her house, etc.

Well, we’ve got her on tape and the security guards are quite sure it was her.

I was thinking of putting the body of the deceased on her doorstep - but a proper burial was more important. They got fresh flowers and a nice place on the hill.

But still… :fume:

[quote=“Elegua”]Well, we’ve got her on tape and the security guards are quite sure it was her.

I was thinking of putting the body of the deceased on her doorstep - but a proper burial was more important. They got fresh flowers and a nice place on the hill.

But still… :fume:[/quote]

You did the right thing with the nice place on the hill. She would’ve just kicked them out of the way if you’d left them on her doorstep.

I can think of a lot of nasty things to leave on her doorstep :fume:
She sounds like a really horrible old hag.

Time for the burning bag of shit on the door-step.
Several of them…over several different days.

And do remember the security camera.

This type of person lives in a different reality.

My cat wanders down to your area - not too close now, I hope. Man, this was the scariest thread I’ve ever read. I yearn for the day when these kind of events are a frowned upon by everyone.

Please let us know how it goes. Make sure she understands how poison gets every animal that takes it, not just the stays (who deserved to live anyway).

I can’t tell you how sorry I am to read about the strays you tried to help. If ever there are other cats down there making a noise, we have just purchased six humane cat traps - I will happily come down there and get them all neutered (less noisy).

Also very glad to hear that your cat is OK.

Best of luck.

Sean

p.s. Make sure she tells you all the places she put the poison - there may still be some out there.

I’d also like to know what she used and where she bought it.

This is terrible. It is so sad. Should you contact the Taipei Municipal Institue for Animal Health? 8789 7133. I think they’re the ones who investigate this stuff. Is that right StrayDog? And would it be better to keep one of the bodies as evidence? Or maybe I am watching to much CSI… :blush:

I am sickened by this. I have just written to Meet Pets to see what they have to say. Isn’t there supposed to be a level of hell in Buddhism for people who torture animals in this life? Does anyone know about this?

In order to raise the concern of even those who don’t really care about animals, you might want to bring up that maybe this time it was a couple of cats, but next time it could be their toddler or child.

If someone’s child picks up the poison and eats it, she could be held accountable for murder next time.

This is definitely a public hazard for all who live in your community, since you don’t know what she used, it could be hazardous to those who accidentally inhale/spill it on themselves unknowingly.

What do you have of her on tape? Is it possible to recover the containers the poison was put in, or the actual poisoned food itself? Depending on what she used, she probably still has some left in her house. Though I doubt the police would care that a couple of cats were poisoned, if the whole community is concerned about this incident, perhaps they will do something about it.

Maybe you can consider confronting her and recording the conversation. If she doesn’t like you, she might be inclined to gloat about it and taunt you by saying she did it?

Elegua, what colour were the cats? I’m sure I’m just panicking, but mine hasn’t come home this evening.

[quote=“Little Yellow Dog”]This is terrible. It is so sad. Should you contact the Taipei Municipal Institue for Animal Health? 8789 7133. I think they’re the ones who investigate this stuff. Is that right StrayDog? And would it be better to keep one of the bodies as evidence? Or maybe I am watching to much CSI… :blush:

I am sickened by this. I have just written to Meet Pets to see what they have to say. Isn’t there supposed to be a level of hell in Buddhism for people who torture animals in this life? Does anyone know about this?[/quote]

Off topic, but for your amusement:

第一層,拔舌地獄:

凡在世之人,挑撥離間,誹謗害人,油嘴滑舌,巧言相辯,說謊騙人。死後被打入拔舌地獄,小鬼掰開來人的嘴,用鐵鉗夾住舌頭,生生拔下,非一下拔下,而是拉長…
First layer, tongue-wrenching hell:
All those who gossip, slander, lie will be cast into tongue-wrenching hell after death. Little demons pry open their mouths, clamp their tongues with pincers, and pull their tongues out. They do not pull it out at once, but tear it out slowly…

七層,刀山地獄:

褻瀆神靈者,你不信沒關係,但你不能褻瀆他;殺牲者,別提殺人,就說你生前殺過牛呀,馬呀,貓,狗,因爲它們也是生命,也許它們的前生也是人或許還是你的…因爲陰司不同於陽間,那裏沒有高低貴賤之分,牛,馬,貓,狗以及人,來者統稱爲生靈。犯以上二罪之一者,死後被打入刀山地獄,脫光衣物,令其赤身裸體爬上刀山…視其罪過輕重,也許

Elegua: I have felt the same pain. My dog Oscar is buried on a plateau overlooking Puli. He was poisoned, along with a few of his pals, by some fruit farmer who felt it was OK to take unilateral aktion…

Goddamn:
Some folks i’ll never figure out… :smiling_imp:

To Elegua and TheGingerman, I totally feel your pain guys. Two of my dogs were also poisoned earlier this year. It just angers me that people would do this! :smiling_imp:

However, my dad said that it might be the government that was doing it to reduce the number of strays out in the wild…don’t know if this is true or not… .

I wasn’t in Taiwan when it all happened but it broke my heart when I learned that they dragged themselves home before they died sniff

I have also lost a muc loved dog to poisoning, and it broke my heart.

My cat still hasn’t come home. Any news on the colour of the poisoned cats, Elegua?

It’s OK - she just came home.

Still very peed off about the poisoned strays and how that woman believes she has the right to (a) kill, and (b) do so indiscriminately.

Because the person in question is such a troublsome hag, no one wants to go straight after her.

She is one of those people that you run into in Taiwan on occasion could look at the video of her placing the items and tell with a straight face how she was doing something innocent. You then could be in a world of shit as she claims you defamed her and then goes on to dig up every infaction you’ve made for the last 3 years. You see such behavior every evening on the local news.

But, there has been a “public notice” printed and passed out to all of the residents mentioning all of the things mentioned by other posters (poisoning kids, pets…the general cruelty) saying that it is strictly against the rules to poison animals and such behavior will not be tolerated…yadda, yadda, yadda. So she’s gotten away with “murder” so to speak but has been put on notice.

did anyone see her do it?

Flaming bags of shit on her doorstep…it works…trust me on this… :smiling_imp:

Record THAT on video… :smiling_imp: :laughing: