Someone to weld aluminum?

Someone to weld aluminum?
Baby stroller strut snapped. A couple hundred in shop fees strikes me as a far better deal than NT$7,000 for a new stroller.

Thanks.

I would try a car repair shop, dunno if they do cycle repair over here.

Jeremy at Bikefarm has gear for welding aluminium. A baby stroller strut would probably be very cheap indeedy.

I think you have to braze aluminium. Need someone with an oxy-acetylene torch. I’m sure most mechanic shops would be able to help you.

Maybe in the 17th century. They can weld it these days. A simple task. If you have the wherewithal.

I haven’t welded (nor brazed) anything for about 15 years. Guess I’m not really up to speed. :blush:

Great. Thanks. Will give him a call.

Maybe in the 17th century. They can weld it these days. A simple task. If you have the wherewithal.[/quote]

Brazing aluminum is still way cheaper and easier, and most of the time stronger than welding… :sunglasses:

I thought it said wed. I was gonna suggest this guy.

Your local metal worker dudes (the ones who make and install the balcony cages and aluminum kintchen sinks etc.) should do it for you for Jack squat.

Turned out the stroller had a few days left under warrantee. Sent off the bare frame, got it got in fine shape a couple of days later.