Something Refreshingly Different for the BBQ

Try this recipe for mango chicken kebabs. Lovely! sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe.asp … e&MenuId=0

Where on earth are you going to get raw mango puree jimi???

I would just barbeque the choicest juiciest mangoes I find. :lick:

[quote=“divea”]Where on earth are you going to get raw mango puree jimi???
[/quote]
Make yer own, lass. :thumbsup:

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“divea”]Where on earth are you going to get raw mango puree jimi???
[/quote]
Make yer own, lass. :thumbsup:[/quote]
:unamused: and do you know raw Mangoes in Taiwan are supree dupree expensive?

You know what we do?? We take raw mangoes, puree them, strain the puree,add some rock salt, pepper, a little bit of sugar, MINT leaves and some iced water and voila you have a drink for the gods!! WHy waste it on chicken? :laughing:

Anyone got any special plans for the grill this year? I’m going to try shish kabobs :stuck_out_tongue: Wishing everyone a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival this year :smiley:

Grill some pineapple! Sheesh Kebabs are passe, no???

Meat on a stick will never be passe! :cactus:

I got some pineapple lined up :wink:

[quote=“divea”][quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“divea”]Where on earth are you going to get raw mango puree jimi???
[/quote]
:unamused: and do you know raw Mangoes in Taiwan are supree dupree expensive?[/quote]

Uhhhh, no they aren’t??

In season, they’re cheap as fookin chips, whether the reds, the wee greens, or the big buttery yellows.
And for cooking, you can use ones that are a bit banged up or not as pretty looking, which are even cheaper.
Out of season you can’t get them anyways.

Where did you used to shop, girlie?? :loco:

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“divea”][quote=“jimipresley”]
:unamused: and do you know raw Mangoes in Taiwan are supree dupree expensive?[/quote]
Where did you used to shop, girlie?? :loco:[/quote]

Just what I was thinking. They’re not so easy to get now, but last month they cost next-to-nothing. Every farmer and his dog has a mango tree.

The sanjeevkapoor link isn’t working for some reason, but my personal favourite for BBQ is jerk seasoning - normally out of a jar, but this recipe seems pretty authentic. Mangos get a mention too:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobb … index.html

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“divea”][quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“divea”]Where on earth are you going to get raw mango puree jimi???
[/quote]

Uhhhh, no they aren’t??

In season, they’re cheap as fookin chips, whether the reds, the wee greens, or the big buttery yellows.
And for cooking, you can use ones that are a bit banged up or not as pretty looking, which are even cheaper.
Out of season you can’t get them anyways.

Where did you used to shop, girlie?? :loco:[/quote]

I am talking about raw mangoes that are always green not ripe ones. :laughing:

But it ain’t refreshingly different either :cactus: :cactus: :laughing: