Sometimes I Hate the People I Work With (Weiyas)

That’s pretty funny smerf. Just be glad you don’t have to wear the whole cat-woman outfit, tights and all.

Anyway, our wei-yas are boring by comparison. Eat a typical wedding-style dinner, drink kaoliang and draw numbers for prizes. I always seem to draw the worst number, but because I’m the special weiguoren employee I have to drink the most kaoliang. Oh well, just part of the job.

I won a tablet PC at a weiya once, so I don’t complain.

They just added 2 more practices on Monday nights!!! Are these people insane!!!

:help:

I feel for you. Perhaps you should break a bone or two - if you need help I have a certain amount of experience in these matters (ask Iris). :wink:

I still don’t understand why you simply don’t go the practices – they’re after hours, after all. On the day, all you have to do is wrap a big bandage around your hand and tell 'em you sprained your wrist or something.
I think that in fact, you really, really love taking part in these things and that you’re secretly dying to don a pink ruffled shirt and play the bongos.

Wow, you lawyers really know how to party it up. I bet they have little paper umbrellas in the drinks.

Can you PM me your boss’ phone number? I want to ask him if he can schedule you guys to perform at my school. :laughing:

[quote=“smerf”]They just added 2 more practices on Monday nights!!! Are these people insane!!!

:help:[/quote]

It’s to be perfect, think face in Taiwan.

Deal… :smiling_imp:

[quote=“smerf”]
I’m hoping for the flu.[/quote]
There’s a little word you could try using. It’s “no”. Or, in Chinese, “bu xing”!

[quote=“Chris”]
There’s a little word you could try using. It’s “no”. Or, in Chinese, “bu xing”![/quote]

I have said no to all additional practices. I will attend only 3 more. But, it

[quote=“smerf”] My coworkers don

[quote=“smerf”][quote=“Chris”]
There’s a little word you could try using. It’s “no”. Or, in Chinese, “bu xing”![/quote]

I have said no to all additional practices. I will attend only 3 more. But, it

[quote=“Mr He”]It’s like cooking a live frog. If you try to shove it into boiling water, it will jump out.

If you put it into cool water, and then let it swim a bit, then it will be happy for starters. Then you slowly turn up the heat. The frog won’t notice. Then it will get warmer and warmer, and before the frog knows what’s happening, it’s cooked and ready to serve.

Replace “frog” with “smerf” and you know what’s happening.[/quote]

Wow. that’s beautiful. :notworthy:

Honestly, though, if I knew I could get tickets to your performance, Smerf, I’d spend an extended/early CNY in Taiwan.

Ok, here is an update:

I have been demoted from the drum set to a single drum. Our music teacher will play the drum set during the performance. Seems like cheating to me, but my co-workers think its a great idea.

One final practice on Friday evening. During practice, I always say how good we sound in an attempt to end the practice session early.

smerf: “Wow! We are good! No need for another rehearsal of that song.”
Teacher gives me a look that says “Are you high?”

More later.

p.s. I must admit that I feel quite sexy in my cat woman mask. :howyoudoin:

Smerf, you need to get on over to the Events forum and sign up for KTV night. We’ll be expecting to hear you sing “I Just Called to Say I Love You”…And be sure to wear the cat woman mask and bring the drum. We’re alll waiting in anticipation! :smiley:

Well, what do you know smerf, someone of unquestionably good taste believes you have a future in an alternative career! Who says you need to be a slave to the man :smiley:

Darn…and I thought our wei-yas were cool because we have a paper-scissors-stone tournament along with the obligatory dinner (this year Thai food, two years ago Japanese…yum yum yum), and lucky draw ($10,000 for me last year…far too lucky). I honestly was not aware that wei-yas were supposed to be unpleasant. My boss treats us to a fabulous meal every year and I generally enjoy the company of almost the people I have worked with in these last four years at my school.

I envy you, smerf. You not only get to belt out the worst Stevie Wonder song in the history of the man’s career, but you get to wear a slinky costume while doing it…let’s just hope you get a good meal in the process.

That’s a real bummer, I hate when that happens.

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“smerf”]

I have been demoted from the drum set to a single drum.
[/quote]

That’s a real bummer, I hate when that happens.[/quote]

Add more cowbell…it needs more cowbell…

Apologies to Todd Rundgren. :wink: