❆ Song of the Day: HOLIDAY EDITION ❆

Hello kids; big or small, old or young:

It’s the holiday season! To get in the winter [or your xmas/hanukah/kwanzaa/your-holiday-of-choice] spirit, my #1 method is to put on nice festive songs. Today I share one that though is perhaps less popular than say standards like The Christmas Song, White Christmas, Let It Snow, etc., is a beautiful tune and one I adore immensely.

Enjoy the Christmas Waltz performed by Frank Sinatra:

What’s your favorite holiday song of the day?

:candycane: :snowman_with_snow: Happy holidays folks! :snowman_with_snow: :candycane:

I’m teaching my English class “The Little Drummer Boy”. This is my all-time favorite Christmas song. Two versions stand out from the rest for me.

1. David Bowie and Frank Sinatra Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth.
  1. Boney M.

Nice! loved this one since I first heard it a few years ago. :thumbsup:

A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector

White Christmas — Irving Berlin — Darlene Love
Frosty the Snowman — Steve Nelson and Walter Rollins — The Ronettes
The Bells of St. Mary’s — A. Emmett Adams and Douglas Furber — Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town — J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillespie — The Crystals

Sleigh Ride — Leroy Anderson and Mitchell Parish — The Ronettes
Marshmallow World — Carl Sigman and Peter DeRose — Darlene Love
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus — Tommie Connor — The Ronettes
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer — Johnny Marks — The Crystals
Silent Night — Josef Mohr and Franz X. Gruber — Phil Spector and Artists

Winter Wonderland — Felix Bernard and Dick Smith — Darlene Love
Parade of the Wooden Soldiers — Leon Jessel — The Crystals
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) — Ellie Greenwich, Jeff Barry and Phil Spector — Darlene Love
Here Comes Santa Claus — Gene Autry and Oakley Haldeman — Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans

I post this every year but here goes:

Yesterday, during the dark rainy weather here in Taoyuan, I decorated my tiny tree and baked cocaine cookies. OK, they’re actually oatmeal chocolate chip, but my friends swear I add cocaine because they can’t get enough. I appreciate the compliment.

Anyway, I had Christmas music from the Internet playing in the background and perked up when I heard this version of Carol of the Bells.

WHAM

The ultimate Christmas song.

[quote=“Rockefeller”]Hello kids; big or small, old or young:

What’s your favorite holiday song of the day?

:candycane: Happy holidays folks! :candycane:[/quote]

all x’mas song sang by Sarah McLachlan^^

The Pogues

Okay. The Pogues are better than Wham!

I always enjoy Tull’s “The Christmas Album”.

This here’s track 15 & 16.

DIE TOTEN HOSEN

@Tempo Gain: Nice! Surprised myself I haven’t seen it before (if I have I dont remember).

Thanks man, this one made me smile!

[quote=“jimipresley”]
DIE TOTEN HOSEN

[/quote]
:thumbsup: downloaded it for my own l’il drummer fella…he loves it! And he just asked for an encore so you know it’s fab!

Anyone posted this one yet? Always makes me a bit weepy. The Pretenders, 2000 Miles.

Dennis Leary, NSFW

The Kinks, “Father Christmas”

This duet from the 1949 film Neptune’s Daughter (a cover of Baby It’s Cold Outside) makes me smile: