Sonya and Stella

Just wanted to let you know that I have found a home for Sonya and Stella. I posted them on the forumosafieds. Thank you to everyone for your interest. For those of you rescuing animals and trying to rehome them. I have had great success , so don’t get discouraged. I know it is hard to look past the sleepless nights and the total destruction of your place, but it is worth it.

[quote=“LDEML”]Just wanted to let you know that I have found a home for Sonya and Stella. I posted them on the forumosafieds. Thank you to everyone for your interest. For those of you rescuing animals and trying to rehome them. I have had great success , so don’t get discouraged. I know it is hard to look past the sleepless nights and the total destruction of your place, but it is worth it.[/quote] :laughing: Why is it that I can easily relate to that…Good work LDEML. :slight_smile:

We regained possesion of three puppies today…We were previously told that they were being fostered and we wanted to visit them to check on their living conditions. We were told that we could not visit them because they were at a private shelter. We asked why it was a problem to visit them and the answer was “they have 350 dogs…” :astonished: Needless to say, we took them back on the spot. We were not allowed to see the shelter yet, they brought the pups to us. We plan to pay that shelter a visit soon though…

Within ten minutes in our house, they got into a flower pot and had dirt all over the place. Just a disaster. Hopefully they let us sleep tonight. :s

bobepine

I put Lucky in a spare bedroom while I was at work today and the pups on the deck. Lucky isn’t used to be inside a bedroom, he usually stays on the deck when we’re not home. We’ve had him for quite a while now and he hasn’t destroyed anything, he hasn’t had any bowel movements in the house, nothing. Today he chewed the straps on my Gregory backpack. No big deal, that pack only costs about 300$ CND. :frowning: It’s my fault though because I left my most expensive backpack right there for him to chew on, I left him no chew toy and I locked him in a bedroom for the first time. I could slap myself.

I’ve just built a custom box that fits on my scooter and I’m taking the pups to a shelter/animal hospital near our house where we can visit the dogs and take them for walks. It’s too many animals in our house and we’re really busy so we’ll just have to pay for their stay for the time being. One needs to have a lot of time to take care of 10 + animals. I already have three jobs.

We are hand-rearing 3 kittens, fostering one dog and we adopted Marmalade so we now have 3 cats of our own and that’s enough, the zoo is full. Maybe once the kittens are homed, we will foster one pup but we hope they’ll also be homed by then. The good news is that with our scheduled events, we should be able to raise funds to support the cost and I think that we most likely will find homes for them quickly.

My first post in this thread was a bit of a knee jerk reaction because I had just struggled to bring the pups home and they had destroyed a plant already. It wasn’t the dog’s fault though because we should have secured the environment or at least monitor them more closely for the first bit.

What I’m trying to say is that it’s quite easy to arrange your house to accommodate one or two animals while having very little inconvenience if any. Many perks to looking after an animal too and all in all, I think it brings life into your home and it is very rewarding. Animals make for great companions when treated right. Totally worth it. I may have to sew straps on my backpack now but you should see the greeting I get every time I come home. That alone makes it worth it. :slight_smile:

LEDML, I think you should rename your thread something like"Tips on Fostering Animals" or something like that. You never know, it could turn into a very informative thread.

Cheers!

bobepine

You will look back on it and laugh. Really, after you get over being angry, it took me awile though. I was living in a loft/bachelor apartment and had to pups that I often had to leave there. They took their boredom out on the couch and the stairs in my apartment, as well as anything else I had lying around. So I had to move, and they were okay there, but if I turned my back for too long something was going to get it.