Soong gets congrats for winning unopposed PFP race

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2005/07/24/2003264816

[quote]Chinese President Hu Jintao (胡錦濤) yesterday congratulated People First Party (PFP) Chairman James Soong (宋楚瑜) after he was re-elected as the head of the party on Friday.

Soong, who was the only candidate in the second PFP chairmanship election, won with 99.19 percent of the 36,563 ballots cast.[/quote]
Hahaha! :unamused:

Of course he would get congratulated. He’s following the example of the puppet master himself.
Given Soong’s performance at the ballot box since such things mattered, he was probably quite relieved to have ‘won’ this one. :laughing:

Yes, congratulations on winning something at last, Chairman Soong. It’s probably the finest achievement of your whole political career.

Who were the candidates in the last TSU and DPP chairman elections?

I think the most funny fact is not that Soong is the only candidate but the fact that he is not ready for retirement. When other parties have their new chairman, PFP still has the old chairman. Perhaps Soong still wants to run for the next presidential election in 2008???

[quote=“Poagao”]Who were the candidates in the last TSU and DPP chairman elections?[/quote] I don’t think the fact that there were no other candidates is as signifant as the fact that China’s President Hu felt obliged to congratulate him. What did he achieve, why say congratulations?

[quote=“Poagao”]Who were the candidates in the last TSU and DPP chairman elections?[/quote]An interesting question, and one I’d like to know more about. However, I don’t recall the TSU or DPP holding a one horse race and then publicising the results as if it is something to be proud of as the PFP has.

Err… the DPP (well, OK, the Taipei Times) made a big thing of the DPPs one-horse - but democratic -race:
[Su "elected" as new DPP chairperson
Dunno (and don’t really care) about the TSU.

Really the KMT should be commended for their democratic election! But I think it shows more about how divided they were between the Conservative Old guard and the reformers. No consensus so THEY HAD TO put it to a vote. No choice. Lien had no real control or power to name an heir after he TWICE lost his bid for presidency! LOOOOOSSEERR! LOOOOOOSER! LOOOOSER!

Err… the DPP (well, OK, the Taipei Times) made a big thing of the DPPs one-horse - but democratic -race:
[Su "elected" as new DPP chairperson
Dunno (and don’t really care) about the TSU.[/quote]
Uh…memory refreshed.

I like the fact that despite being the only candidate, Soong still couldn’t get 100% of the vote.

Hahahaha…that’s funny! I missed that!

So very soon (soong … haha) someone is going to be kicked out the PFP, if they just could find the bastards that didn’t vote for Soong . :smiling_imp: