Soong is back

…why the fuss?

He’s just trying to get attention/build momentum for the PFP in the lead up to the elections this year. Notice how he always seems to ‘come back’ around campaign time?

Problem is he is always welcomed as a savior. While throwing out the garbage last night, I was complaining about the situation the country is nowadays and a neighbor was gushing “don’t worry, Soong will fix it up!”. Many other neighbors agreed with her. Watching the talk shows, the reporters almost fangirl over him. Impressive for someone who, as you say, is not here most of the time. As a matter of fact, most of his phrases start with: In China, they bla bla bla…

Well, Soong was very popular in the 90s, and while he has certainly burnt most of that good will with the general public, he’s still viewed well by elderly, pan blue mainlanders who identify with him and wax nostalgic about what could have been had he not been thwarted repeatedly in his bids for the presidency. I would also imagine that, to pan Blue supports who are true believers yet bitterly disappointed with Ma & the KMT right about now, Soong and his party look like a pretty good alternative, and he’ll definitely try to capitalize on that sentiment.

That’s not good at all. A society looking for a savior in the world of politics is a society flirting with tyranny.

God save us from saviors, and their true believers.

His whole gimmick is to disrupt elections enough so that people will have to make deals with him. This is just par for the course.

Every time I read this thread title, I’m wondering which song is back on the radio until I click in and remember, oh, right.

He spells it Soong. :wink:

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Every time I read this thread title, I’m wondering which song is back on the radio until I click in and remember, oh, right.

He spells it Soong. :wink:[/quote]

Just an old fashioned love Soong
Coming down in three part harmony

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Every time I read this thread title, I’m wondering which song is back on the radio until I click in and remember, oh, right.

He spells it Soong. :wink:[/quote]

We are looking for an editor. Sure you do not mind the madness? :smiley:

And a meeting was staged with Ma, concessions were allegedly made… all according to what expected…