Sorry guys, another question about painting

So I’ve decided that rather than touching up the paint myself and risk mucking it up, I want to take the car into a shop and ask them to fix it. I have to places that need to be painted; the entirety of the left-side rearview mirror and an inch-long scrape on the rear fender. About how much should something like that cost?

1500~3000. Depends on what kind of car of yours. Shouldn’t be over 3000.

Nobody can give you a quotation or estimation online. It almost totally depends upon the nature of the damage, and also type of paint required to repair it. There’s also a big difference between Japanese paint and local, Taiwanese paint and a huge quality difference between them.

I’d like to offer you a quotation if you are interested, but I would need to see the car.

I’d charge you LOADS, because if you think that “an inch-long scrape on the rear fender” NEEDS to be professionaly painted, you can obviously afford it, and I could put the money to better use.

Not helpful? Aw, OK, then.

If you paint the entirety of the left-side rearview mirror (COR! LOADSA MONEY!!) it won’t work very well afterwards (depending on the type of paint, etc)

Ha, funny :raspberry:

What can I say, it’s my first brand-new car. I’ve only had it a few months and would like to keep it looking shiny and new a little while longer.

[quote=“rob_the_canuck”]Ha, funny :raspberry:

What can I say, it’s my first brand-new car. I’ve only had it a few months and would like to keep it looking shiny and new a little while longer.[/quote]

Understood. And of course its your (loadsa) money.

BUT, In Taiwan especially, I’d say its an, um…unsustainable attitude, likely to cause you a lot of irritation, and ultimately futile.

You’ll have to accept the inevitable sooner or later, because its…er…inevitable.

One of the many reasons not to buy a new car. Bangers are soooo relaxing by comparison.

Yeah, I know it’s a futile battle. Our last car had quite a bit of battle damage on it. Still, I’m not quite ready to let the new one look like it belongs on a junk heap just yet. :slight_smile: