Sound dampeners, good water purifiers, Smart car rentals, &

Does anyone know where to get:

1. Some of that squishy, wavy sound dampening material? Maybe the light foamy or heavy neoprene kind? I’ve looked all over. Some ________________ think that barking dogs are normal Mayo Bahn Fahh!!!

2. Culligan, ESpring or Aquasana water purifiers? I saw a list
    waterfiltercomparisons.com/w … arison.php
    that showed that they are the best. I don’t at all trust even boiled water here in Taiwizzle. It started giving me heart palpitations in TP. With all the disgusting unregulated krap going on everywhere here I want the most powerful water purifier I can get. But all I see are no name brands and even the Everpure ones let loads of bad chemicals through.

3. The long shot. Any smart car rental places? My girlfriend is a real girl, not interested in super charged bullet proof V10 Vipers with mounted machine guns or monster trucks or even normal cars.

4. Dog whistle MP3 files (about 22 to 24k Hz) that people can’t hear but dogs can? I really don’t want to irritate any cats, but the dogs and the owner need to feel the pain that I feel all the time when the god damn owner leaves his god damn dog to bark endlessly all god damn day. Kuh Nuhn Yo Bahn Fahh Hwinn Dahnn!!!

I’m closest to the Taoyuan area though I can travel a little bit.

Thanks

What’s your budget per month and car expectations?

Edit: Sorry. I just noticed you said “smart” already. I don’t know of any smart rentals.

Replying to number 4.
Dog Whistle MP3’s are available free for download over here. Linkage.
:smiley:

1. shotgun, or bow and arrow for the silenced mode.

2. you really know your water purifiers. bring one from the states with you.

3. most car rental places I now are really dumb. Sorry, can’t help.

4. how bout investing in a real dog whistle? most speakers can’t handle the 24-26kHz range at all well, and why should they? They’re designed for human ears to listen to, not dog ears, so what’s the point going above 24kHz?
    PS: dog whistles work as a training device, not a dog repellent.

#1 see viewtopic.php?f=25&t=80836 for mass-loaded vinyl sheeting.

urodacus wrote:

[quote]
4. how bout investing in a real dog whistle? most speakers can’t handle the 24-26kHz range at all well, and why should they? They’re designed for human ears to listen to, not dog ears, so what’s the point going above 24kHz?
PS: dog whistles work as a training device, not a dog repellent.[/quote]

That’s a good point. I did try a dog whistle and it was quite loud even in the human range. So I don’t want to stand outside and blow the whistle every time the dog barks because people would hear ME. The guy at the shop said that all whistles are like that, maybe I’ll try some others.

Damn, I think you’re right about the range of speakers though. Hmmmmmmm.

Thanks ValentineYeti, I’ll try those!

Thanks Dragonbones, I didn’t know about mass-loaded vinyl!