Southern Taiwan Earthquake 2/6/2016

That was a 10 floor building in Tainan. A bank it seems… Again.[/quote]

Seems was 6.4 , in Tainan , map of what it was in other area of Taiwan:

cwb.gov.tw/V7/earthquake/Dat … 764006.gif

EPicenter 22 miles north of kaohsiung city. Only ten km deep so very shallow. I’d say tall buikdings Tainan kville big troubles, come, daybreak. Massive, everythibg fekl doen my apt. TV everytgingq

EPicenter 22 miles north of kaohsiung city. Only ten km deep so very shallow. I’d say tall buikdings Tainan kville big troubles, come, daybreak. Massive, everythibg fekl doen my apt. TV everytgingq[/quote]

Please be careful, Cola.

EPicenter 22 miles north of kaohsiung city. Only ten km deep so very shallow. I’d say tall buikdings Tainan kville big troubles, come, daybreak. Massive, everythibg fekl doen my apt. TV everytgingq[/quote]

Please be careful, Cola.[/quote]

Yeah, stay safe!

Biggest earthquake I have felt, in Taiwan or California or Japan. Was long enough, for me to quickly dress up and run out to the street if needed, I was wondering when it would stop here in Cental Kaoshiung(Lingya Dist.)

what it flet like in other area of Taiwan:

cwb.gov.tw/V7/earthquake/Dat … 764006.gif

Someone posted on FB a building pancake fallen across a road in Tainan…

Getting 921 flashbacks.

And lots of aftershocks so brace yourselves.

[quote=“Icon”]Someone posted on FB a building pancake fallen across a road in Tainan…

Getting 921 flashbacks.[/quote]

Maybe this one, very ugly…

[quote=“Icon”]Someone posted on FB a building pancake fallen across a road in Tainan…

Getting 921 flashbacks.[/quote]

Maybe this building (City Hall), anyways not good news
appledaily.com.tw/realtimene … 06/791475/

Rescue operations in progress. Send good thoughts.

I think this is the building

They are pulling out bodies, some alive…many trapped in that building. It’s all over the news and international news.

Taiwan 6.4 earthquake hits city of Tainan, casualties unclear - bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35508475

From the BBC with photos

TVBS has what looks like a live news program:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bjr2Ya8Yxls

This looks like NextTV’s news program:

youtube.com/watch?v=kJcFoRw76ao

I have a playlist of Taiwan news streams here: youtube.com/playlist?list=P … zTvnfn_plf

First four are currently live feed.

I have a playlist of Taiwan news streams here: youtube.com/playlist?list=P … zTvnfn_plf

First four are currently live feed.[/quote]

Thanks jlick! And thanks to TexMex for the pics and the map, and to Quarters, Cola, darth_guy, dan2006, DKaoshuing, Icon, Chris, and Tempo Gain for the information!

Jeeze - 17 storey building has been floored. Small aftershocks pouring in.

Looking at these grey apartment buildings that have toppled - I don’t see much REO poking out of the base - someone has saved on construction costs it looks like.

Some good news: there was no one at the bank when it collapsed. The smaller gongwu prevented that building from toppling over, and the 30 people inside it where rescued safe and sound, no loss of life there.

Army helping in other sites.

BTW, the high speed rail was stopped, bus and train services are limited, traffic controls in Kaohsiung and Tainan. Travel South is going to be problematic.

Here: morning view, Yongkang area building. More than half residents rescued, 2 dead so far.
youtu.be/Ikxej3R2ofo