Spam Email From TaipeiTeaching - Annoying

Just got an email from TaipeiTeaching.com. Never registered with them but they seem to think that I want to receive information in Chinese that I can’t even understand.

This annoys me enough but what really annoys me is that the message is CC’d to many people so I can see twenty or so other people’s email addresses, and they can see mine. If someone doesn’t know how to send a message to multiple recipients without revealing each email address to everybody then perhaps they shouldn’t be sending mail in the first place.

Also, what annoyed me most was on their home page it says:

Yeah, so if I’d have posted my details they would have kept it secure but if they suck it off some forum they are free to distribute my address to strangers.

Don’t bother visiting their website - it looks crap and has some smug looking guy on the homepage.

That’s my moan over with,
Steve

PS - Sorry if in wrong forum.

Find out who their hosting provider is and forward the message to them claiming it’s spam. If they get enough complaints they’ll kill the domain.

[quote=“Cookie”]Find out who their hosting provider is and forward the message to them claming it’s spam. If they get enough complaints they’ll kill the domain.[/quote]Seems to be hinet,
Taipeiteaching.com = 61.221.139.197

looking up 61.221.139.197 on www.twnic.com.tw give us:

[quote]Wen Guan Information Management Consulting Ltd.
4F-1, No.125, Chung Hua 1 Rd.
Kaohsiung
TW

Netname: WEN-GUAN-INFORMATI-NET
Netblock: 61.221.139.192/29

Administrator contact:
Hwei Weng Chen (HWC59-TW) hn84472755@hn.hinet.net
+886-7-552-2357

Technical contact:
Hwei Weng Chen (HWC59-TW) hn84472755@hn.hinet.net
+886-7-552-2357[/quote]
doing a whois on taipeiteaching.com just gives you the contact info on their website

Yes but he must check the email message to make sure it is INDEED coming from taipeiteaching.com, it could be forged, check the headers to be sure.