SPAM phone calls

Anybody on the board get spam phone calls from various courts around the island?

It’s an automated non-specific call that goes on to say something like you’ve got a ‘warrant’ outstanding. You have to act within 48 hours or blahblah. Please press 1 or 9.

Sorry about the ropy translation.

How do you deal with such calls?

Best Wishes
Kenneth

Hang up??? :unamused:

“hang up!” :notworthy:

I usually do. Perhaps I should screen calls or screen caller IDs.

Anyone know of a caller ID box that you can plug into a telephone.

Kenneth

Any calls that show up as “withheld” on my mobile phone do not get answered, cos it’s 99% sure to be spam.

I assume you’re talking about a land-line phone, Ken?

Yep, landline.

I think I can buy a callerID box whatnot, but where? I can’t remember seeing one.

Kenneth

[quote=“irishstu”]Any calls that show up as “withheld” on my mobile phone do not get answered, cos it’s 99% sure to be spam.

I assume you’re talking about a land-line phone, Ken?[/quote]

Unfortunately for me calls from New Zealand show up as “withheld” or on the Taiwan Dageda Network. Anyone know a way to stop that happening?

I used to live by the same rule.

He’s asking where to get a caller ID box. He obviously has an older phone. Original poster: Is your phone wired to your wall or is it a modular plug. If you can unplug the phone… then it is.

Go get a new phone. Almost all telephones sold in Taiwan have caller ID, even the really cheap ones. Caller ID is a free service in Taiwan. Unlike the $1.50 a month charge my parents have to pay in states.

Get a new phone and you will have caller ID. As for the numbers being withheld part, the posters are right. If they hide their number, it’s probably not legit.