Spanish Galleon Now in Yilan

As per CNA:

Enjoy if you can.

Do you know the hours? :ponder:

Is this in Suao? :ponder:

Is it free? :pray:

I kinda feel sorry for those poor sailors. They can’t even eat or drink on board the ship? :cry:

[quote=“zender”]Do you know the hours? :ponder:

Is this in Suao? :ponder:

Is it free? :pray:

I kinda feel sorry for those poor sailors. They can’t even eat or drink on board the ship? :cry:[/quote]

What?! They have a 4 star chef on board. Of course, might be difficult with all those visitors but can’t be Spanish without a siesta and tapas. They stay up late…

Ah, got it. :stuck_out_tongue:

:aiyo: :doh:

So are you sayin’ it’s in Suao? :unamused:

And . . . uh . . . Is it free? :laughing:

Edit to add:
It will be at Wushi Harbor. It will be open to visitors at the harbor from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 21 and Sept. 22, with visitors permitted to stay onboard for a maximum of 10 minutes each . . .

During the vessel’s stay in the harbor, an exhibition with a Pacific Ocean theme will be held at the harbor’s tourist center, the government added.

It might be worth ten minutes without food, drink, or umbrellas if the sailors are authentic Spaniards. Any word on this?

Oh yeah. Pectorales como Dios manda. :howyoudoin:

For the guys, there are women sailors, too. Chinese spoken.

:unamused: Uh. Some of us guys aren’t so shallow that we’d go all the way to Yilan just to see some Chinese-speaking Spanish girls.

Are they attractive? :neutral:

Edit: Some guys . . . they’d

MMMMmmmm!! :howyoudoin: :howyoudoin: :lick:

It is in Keelung right now because of the typhoon.

It left Keelung tonight at 8pm. It will be “on display” in Yilan tomorrow morbning, bright and early.

My now ex gf is a spanish speaking Taiwanese girl ! And ten mins? Hardly worth the bother. Would be enough to see it dockside . You will probably spend more then ten mins in line just to step on the ship and then u will be stuck in some line. I guess you get on deck, walk from front to back and get off really.

Ah ok. Actually I was in Keelung yesterday and saw it there about 8:30pm, so I thought that the plans may have changed. I had no idea it has two large engines.

http://www.shipbuilding-industry.eu/shipbuilding_v2/?p=238

I’m guessing it doesn’t ‘sail’ very much . . .

Bit of data if anyone wants to go there:

烏石港遊客旅遊中心 Wushih Harbor Visitor Center

宜蘭縣頭城鎮港口路15號之30

No.15-30 Kangko Rd., Toucheng Town, Yilan

1. Taipei >Bin Hai Highway(No.2 Provincial Highway)> Wushih Harbor Visitor Center

2. Taipei to North Yilan Highway, turn left at Ercheng Interchange to Yilan County Road #190, drive to Toucheng and connect to Pro. Highway #2 Coastal Highway> Wushih Harbor Visitor Center

2:台北走北宜公路二城交流道左轉宜190縣道至頭城接台2線濱海公路到烏石港。

By Train火車 North-Link Line > Toucheng Train Station, walk 15min or take a taxi. 搭北迴線鐵路頭城站下車,步行約15分鐘或搭計程車前往

By Bus客運 Take Kuokuang buses by coastal line and get off at Toucheng Station 台北搭國光客運經濱海往宜蘭羅東在烏石港站下車。

By Car自行開車 1. Taipei >Bin Hai Highway(No.2 Provincial Highway)> Wushih Harbor Visitor Center 台北走台2線濱海公路到烏石港。 2. Taipei to North Yilan Highway, turn left at Ercheng Interchange to Yilan County Road #190, drive to Toucheng and connect to Pro. Highway #2 Coastal Highway> Wushih Harbor Visitor Center 2:台北走北宜公路二城交流道左轉宜190縣道至頭城接台2線濱海公路到烏石港。

its prettycool, i would visit it
did they open to the public in keelung? hope they did

Last time a Spanish galleon visited Keelung may have been the 17th century!

ya imagine that? actually probably french, they had keelung for awhile

Nah… the French didn’t come in Spanish galleons.

Their ships looked like this:

hey was the santa maria a spanish galleon?

MMMMmmmm!! :howyoudoin: :howyoudoin: :lick:[/quote]

Keep it in The Wimmyn’s forum ladies. I don’t like my sex being objectified either.

I was thinking that is my be very similar to the ships that used to visit being based on a ship from that time…which is kind of cool.