Spanish Vlogger explains why Foreigners like ugly Taiwanese girls

I’ll be happy to take the whisky off your hands all the same.

That’s 8k NTD, thank you.

Mercy Buckets!

My wife will be there but alas I have a fear of flying economy class that won’t go away

Come on. They have a 16k fare in BUSINESS for Europe. Surely a savvy flyer can find something suitable.

Did you know now they will do Ontario, California, to Taipei? China Scarelines but still, they always slash prices for opening dates.

I almost bought that one, but…Ontario? I came to my senses in the end.

1 Like

Great Taiwan xiaojie requires great suffering.

Do they? Which airline? I’m just checking prices now, best price I can find is 1500 euros for business.

JAL premium economy. Last time (Atlanta) they even served champagne, and they kept serving until it was all gone. Dude next to me was a Japanese hipster type, we had 3 (quarter bottles) apiece. Seats recline, and a recliner foot rest pops out under you. Pretty nice price, too.

2 Likes

Some moons ago did a round trip to the rock on JAL for same as EVA… 700 round trip , premium was 2400 , Biz 6500, first 10000…USD.

So I can’t complain but still the ten hours to Tokyo from sfo I was between two fat men

Three fat men don’t fit in a row especially pitch was probably only 30 inches … seemed less

I literally stood for 4 hours of that interminable flight

I just cNt stand it anymore

I see what you did there. :wink:

One of the non European ones, from the Gulf. Lemme fish out the ad.

I hate flying economy, too. Flew Cathay Pacific a few weeks back, and even their economy seats were just wide enough that I could pull up the seat belt straps without standing. Miserable feeling to have your hips locked in place for very long at all.

For JAL I paid just under US$1,700. And to be fair, it was a 2-stop flight. First hop to DFW was serviced by Delta, and it was standard economy. Flight from Narita to TPE was also standard economy. Only the 14-hour DFW>Narita was premium economy. Still a real bargain, imo.

3 Likes

Did they let you have access to the Sakura Lounge in Narita? That curry beef is worth the price of admission!

Guy

I did have rights to Sakura, but the layover was only 2 hours and the flight into Narita was delayed by nearly 50 minutes. Hence no could take advantage (this time). I also had to forego some duty free shopping I’d had in mind. :unamused:

I’ll have to keep an eye out for the beef curry next time!

Best tip for flying economy but getting the best seat in the plane:

Call in advance and request an emergency exit row aisle seat. Tell them you have long legs and require the extra leg room. Be polite about it and let them know you are able and willing to assist in case of an emergency.

9 times out of 10 they will notate it on your ticket. They will instruct you to get to the airport as early as possible (try to be the first for that flight) and ask the staff at the counter about the exit row. Let them know you called in advance. Again, be polite and patient. You will have a very good chance of scoring that premium seat. All the leg room you want, nobody in front of you and you sit directly across from the flight attendant during take-off, turbulence, and landing. This gives you the opportunity to chat her up and get some in-flight perks, extra snacks, drinks, a phone number, etc etc.

I always ask for an exit seat and I almost always get one.

Another tip: Food
Always look at the flight menu before you book. Look for the Hindu vegetarian meal. It is GOOD! They prepare those as needed, so they are fresher. The people sitting next to me look on with envy while I eat. I have even been asked how I got that meal. Just sign up for it when you book.

1 Like

Same here, although I usually do it just by turning up early. They seem to reserve those seats for tall people.

Only downside is that they often put parents with screaming kids in that row too.

It is, I tried that one once. I’ve been indulging myself on business class lately, but if I’m in the back with the great unwashed, the pre-order meals are the best.

Totally agree. Unfortunately Cathay Pacific charges extra for those seats (I booked one each way and paid NT$5,200 total for the privilege). They’re also right next to the head and, on some planes, there is extra headroom around the flight attendant’s jump seat for stretching and walking a bit. The extra legroom is well worth the extra price, imo.

Unfortunately the seats are still only 17 inches wide - and it still feels like sitting in a bucket. :grimacing:

1 Like

Regarding exit seats: check the model of teh plane. Some have the boat thinghy protuberance enclosing your leg space. And you won’t have storage space under the seat.

1 Like

I feel your pain, especially on long haul flights. Having that extra personal space by your seat to stretch and walk around is worth every dollar. Shame though that some airlines are charging extra for exit seats.

China Airlines, EVA, United, JAL, KLM and ANA have never asked me for more money for an exit seat. Maybe try those?

1 Like

Yup, which is why you should aim for the aisle seat.