Spas ... the boom and new way to swindle people

Elite Hotspring Resort @ Yangming Shan was awesome. Really relaxing and made me want to just lay there and not get up.

“You can do it” ??? (Weight loss slogan)
A friend treated me to a massage by using one of her coupons at a local weight loss ‘spa’. She had spent an incredible amount to lose a few pounds through massage, vitamins and passive exercise (the machines do it for you). The place was located in a a dirty office building.
I politely listened to the sales pitch before the massage. It was not a therapeutic massage by any means. A rinse off in a dirty shower stall followed and then a bubbly soak in a jacuzzi tub. Nothing at all special for what would have cost nearly 100 USD. And timed down to the second.
I suggest handing over 5 or 600NT for a nice 5 star hotel exercise and pool experience. Here in Tao Yuan you can purchase a 600 NT ticket (less if you buy a pack of tickets) and enjoy absolute luxury at the Monarch Hotel 4th floor exercise room, sauna, steam room, hot bath, and really clean water swimming pool. Spend all day if you like.

Im sure the Taiwanese devote a large portion of their existence trying to concoct new ways to fuck people over. There’s a new scam almost weekly. I am convinced without a doubt that it is ingrained in them to cheat, steal , lie and otherwise scam their way through life.
What next? The McDonalds mafia who dont let you leave until you upsize?
Geez, what a place… :loco: :loco: