Speaker of the US House of Representatives Visit to Taiwan

Possible visit to Taiwan this Sunday 10 Apr, the 43rd anniversary of the Taiwan Relation Act (TRA) that was signed on 10 Apr 1979.

The Speaker of the House is next in line after Vice President.

1 Like

Can’t stand Pelosi, but this sends a good signal. I feel sorry for all the other people on her flight though–she’s gonna drink every drop of booze on that plane.

2 Likes

We have to take the wins we can get.

1 Like

Yes we do… :grimacing:

1 Like

Hate Pelosi but I’ll take it.

1 Like

She has covid so the visit to Japan and Taiwan has been postponed. The timing is sus af.

1 Like

Could just be a bad hangover…

2 Likes

Haha. Biden et al. are weak. No backbone. The “show” of visiting Japan and Taiwan were just that, a show. Now that big angry China raises their opposition, there’s an immediate excuse in the back pocket. Typical.

1 Like

O_o

This administration and the Trump administration have been two of the most Pro Taiwan administrations in the history of the TRA.

What are you talking about?

3 Likes
  1. I’m talking about the weakness of Biden’s foreign policy.

2. I’m not talking about Trump, let’s get that out of the way. I mean the democrats. Every time Biden says anything that seems mildly offensive to China or Russia, his handlers tone down his implied meaning.

3. Most of what democrats do is for show, anyways.

We may have alternative sources of (mis)information. I have no time or energy to argue what was meant to be a jab at the democrats and Sleepy Joe. Take it for was it is. We shall see if the “postponed” trip is followed through with or not (and if it changes anything for better or worse).

Until that time, I’ve no more to say.

I disagree and this topic is about the US in regards to Taiwan.

I’m looking at the actions of the government since they were sworn in. I see a different picture.

2 Likes

Acknowledged.

1 Like

I appreciate our discussion.

1 Like

Tbf to Biden, he’s been solid on Taiwan so far. Shit at almost everything else but he hasn’t changed course from the last admin.

1 Like

This thread is International Politics, not US politics.

Just saying.

Good, if it was real it was a stupid idea anyway.

1 Like

As I said elsewhere, it’s always the legislative branch in various countries passiing resolutions and making statements- they’re always very careful to avoid action by the executive.

Why?

It accomplishes nothing of value and tweaks the nose of a dangerous adversary.

What are they gonna do? Shoot her flight down?