Special rights for religion in Taiwan?

Proposed, but not yet passed. Basically amounts to freedom from various types of government oversight, including financial.

Religions to watch on this issue, that are probably lobbying for it, are the big temple networks (think Chinese money), the rabid Christian groups, and the out-and-out cults.

So, who wants to start a Taiwan branch of the Satanic Temple, in order to drive home how ridiculous it is to excuse religious groups from normal laws? Or the Pastafarians are already recognized, maybe they can be enlisted somehow.

Thousands of the purple-shirters gather in Tianmu every week to bow and scrape before their 2 Rolls Royce-owning “Sifu”. Gangsterish-looking private security all over the place. I’m sure they want this in a big way.

You must mean this guy:

Thanks for posting that. I’m at the sports park every weekend and have been wondering what is up with those purple shirt groups. My wife and I had all sorts of theories. This is weirder than any of them.

Imagine how easy it would make infiltrating Taiwan, as if it isn’t already super easy for China to control Taiwan’s media. If that act gets passed into law, and religious organizations becomes above the law, all China needs to do is buy off a couple more temples, do whatever they want, and the Taiwanese government wouldn’t be able to do anything about it