Speed Up Firefox

1.Type

Okay CS. I did that. Can you see into my computer now or do I have to change more stuff?

That’s it. :slight_smile: Oh…you’ll have to then completely close Firefox and start it again.

That’s it. :slight_smile: Oh…you’ll have to then completely close Firefox and start it again.[/quote]

Okay, got it. Could be/ seems to be faster, but I don’t know how you’d qauntify it.

Cool Tweak! I set my max request to 5,000,000,000 :smiling_imp:

Is it possible that CS is behind the times on something? :astonished:

[1.5 years ago…]

Thanks for the remider though :smiley:. I remember it being noticably faster after I originally did it.

Umm… Ok, that was a dumb joke… Don’t set the maxrequest too high unless of course you’re trying to severly rape the website / servers you visit… half the tweak setting is even good enough.

Along this topic -
I recently dl’ed the Mozilla Suite - browser/irc stuff/email etc.
I opened it up and installed it. In using the browser, I think it is marginally - just so - faster than Firefox, however, I am unable to get the ‘tabbed browsing’ function to work.
I also have did not switch over from Thunderbird as my email client. Too much work and I like TBird for email.
Alo, the Mozilla browser thing did a piss poor job of transgferring my bookmarked list.
And this is a much needed item.

Any one else try this suite of progs - Mozilla?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Along this topic -
I recently dl’ed the Mozilla Suite - browser/irc stuff/email etc.
I opened it up and installed it. In using the browser, I think it is marginally - just so - faster than Firefox, however, I am unable to get the ‘tabbed browsing’ function to work.
I also have did not switch over from Thunderbird as my email client. Too much work and I like TBird for email.
Alo, the Mozilla browser thing did a piss poor job of transgferring my bookmarked list.
And this is a much needed item.

Any one else try this suite of progs - Mozilla?[/quote]

Hmm, I actually switched from the Mozilla suite to Firefox, when Firefox was in a late Beta state. Firefox in combination with T’bird is suppose to be the more modern and better software. It is designed to be a faster and slimmer application than the Suite used to be. From what I know, the Mozilla Suite is not even developed any further, maybe some bug fixes, but that’s it. Didn’t even the tabbed browsing started with Firefox, and was never available in Mozilla Browser? No, I just checked it, tabbed browsing works in 1.7.12. There is a project called Seamonkey or so, that supposedly contiunes the development of the Mozilla Suite. But I agree, I liked the suite a lot, until the PIM applications in KDE got to a point where they started to get really useful. Now I use only Firefox for browsing, and the KDE apps for email & Co.

ratling -
Thanks.
I am going to stay with Firefox & TBird.
Proven to work well for me.
The Mozilla DL was just a test for me.

fasterfox.mozdev.org/ makes it easier to make these changes and includes a few other performance boosts.

If you are low on RAM and like your tabs though, it might be an idea to turn off or lower the FastBack settings.