Spider-Man 2

Liked it, liked it, liked it. As good if not better than the first one. Started slow but was never boring, great action scenes and good special effects, in particular Doc Oc’s mechanical arms.

Highly recommended for fans of the genre or if you liked the first one.

• 1/2 out of 5

First one was crap, IMO. Bad CGI, mediocre acting, cookie-cutter score (surprising given that Elfman is one of the “masters”)…a predictable eye roll inducing yawn fest. I failed to see how it was worth $403 million at the B.O.

SM2 was a vast improvement on SM1. Much cleaner and believable CGI, a story with loads of depth and emotion, and a classic Elfman superhero score. I gave it an 8 of 10, or 4/5 if on Rascal’s scale. :notworthy:

Here is the spidey song. Could never figure out the lyrics except for the first couple of lines.
The movie has it a few times.

first verse
Spiderman, Spiderman
does whatever a spider can
spins a web, any size
catches thieves just like flies
look out here comes the Spiderman

second verse
Is he strong? Listen bud
he’s got radioactive blood
Can he swing from a thread
take a look overhead
hey there there goes the Spiderman

bridge
In the chill of the night
At the scene of the crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time

third verse
Spiderman Spiderman
Friendly neighborhood Spiderman
wealth and fame, he’s ignored
action is his reward
look out here comes the Spiderman

outro
To him, life is a great big bang-up
Wherever there’s hang-up
You’ll find the Spiderman

anyways spiderman2 involved some gasping for die hard fans if you know anything about

spoiler*********

Secret _dent_t_es.

spoiler again****

And I thought for sure it was going to be JJ’s _ _ _
who is in the spidey costume to save his -------------.

I agree on the CGI, leaps and bounds from the first one.

And I was a little disappointed in myself for not picking that setup for the bad guy for number 3 earlier…

Were my eyes playing tricks on me, or was that Stan Lee that grabbed that lady (to save from the falling building pieces) and yelled “Look Out!” (or something like that). If it was that was my favorite part in the movie.

[quote=“miltownkid”]Were my eyes playing tricks on me, or was that Stan Lee that grabbed that lady (to save from the falling building pieces) and yelled “Look Out!” (or something like that). If it was that was my favorite part in the movie.[/quote]Don’t know, I haven’t seen it. But he did have a cameo in X-Men, Daredevil, Spiderman and the Hulk, so it’s very possible.

Lee did have a cameo, but I didn’t spot him and can’t remember when he appeared.

My favorite cameo has to be Bruce “If Chins Could Kill” Campbell though. The man’s still pure class.

Yup! That was Stan “the man” Lee.

I long for Ralph Hinkley mainly because he didn’t wear a mask to protect his identity. I hated that train scene.

God, I don’t believe I had to look that reference up. I used to love that show!

The Greatest American Hero eh! Not bad for a superhero but he couldn’t fly straight and he lost the instructions for the suit.

What was his theme song

Believe it or Not - theme song for the TV show “Greatest American Hero”

Look at what’s happened to me,
I can’t believe it myself.
Suddenly I’m up on top of the world,
should have been somebody else.

Believe it or not, I’m walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer,
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it’s just me.

Looks like the light of a new day,
Hit me from out of the blue.
Breaking me out of the spell I was in,
Making all of my wishes come true.

Believe it or not, I’m walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer,
Who could it be?

Who could it be?

…Anyways what happen to the good ol’ days of Spider Man the TV movies where they would just throw fishing nets over the bad guys.

He lost instructions for the suit…that whole spiderman movie seemed based on a smilar premise and I loved the spiderman comic as a young 'un.

Just saw it in Japan.
Pretty good. Story was good too, but I fear that they might bring back the Green Goblin, a character I hated in the first one.

By courtesy of my assistant:

c142.it.cse.nsysu.edu.tw/fm/fun/ … derman.wmv

I loved the first and second movie! I can’t wait to see the Hobgoblin! Also, I can’t wait to see the rhino and electro (for those of you who remember the comic book series). Great stuff!!! :bravo:

It’s going to be a hard task not making Electro look like a reject from the 60’s Batman series…

Good news for Raph Hinkley fans

Reminded me of the kiddie program Electric Company in which they carried a segment featuring a miming Spidy with dialogue balloons. The theme song goes -

“Spiderman
Where are you coming from
Spiderman
Where are you going to
Spiderman…
Nobody knows who you are”

Intrigue for the kids in a few verses :laughing: