Spiderman and Green Goblin Tear Up NYC Again!

[quote]NEW YORK - All 69 people trapped for hours in two cable cars that were suspended above the East River after losing power have been rescued, police said Wednesday.

The passengers became stranded around 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, and police worked through the night, plucking them one by one from the dangling cars and hoisting them onto a gondola. The rescue effort ended around 5 a.m. Wednesday.

At least a dozen of those stranded were school-age children or babies. Police delivered food, water and diapers to the passengers.

The cause of the outage of the Roosevelt Island Tramway cars was not known, said Herb Berman, president of the agency that operates the system, which offer breathtaking views of the city from up to 250 feet high.

One of the tramcars had 46 passengers plus an operator, the other had 21 passengers and an operator, police said. Each car can hold about 125 people. No injuries were reported.[/quote]

Sure the “cops” helped all those people out, and how convenient that the cause of the “outage” was “unknown.” Riiight.

We know better though, don’t we? :wink:

'Nuff said.

Could have been some arsehole jet fighter pilot trying to show off by flying under them…

… or maybe it was Spidey et al.

You’re not suggesting the X-Men and their jet were involved are you?

hmmm

hmmm[/quote]

All I’m sayin is “I’m not sayin’”.

hmmm[/quote]

All I’m sayin is “I’m not sayin’”.[/quote]

Well, my brother’s friend’s cousin’s boss found a sticky substance all over his back doorknob once, like dissolved webbing, ya know, and then he discovered that his back door wasn’t properly locked!! That Spidey! He ROCKS!

He got a knob job eh?