Spineless foriegners, REPENT!

i saw a recent TV ad where the foriegner allows himself to be called ah do gah. i also saw this commerical for hair growth where the guy(an ENGLISH teacher playing a doctor) makes the sort comment that American Indians don’t go bald (they do).

is the money THAT WORTH IT? is it? i know everybody’s gotta eat, but damn it, have some standard for yourselves!!! stop bringing us all down. stand up. have a spine and demand to not do the commericals if it means this racist crap.

you think by doing this, they will eventually accept you? i know these people. you’ll always be the foriegner, the ah do gah, the one they can poke fun at for a few bucks. so stop being an Uncle Tom!!

stop selling out the diginity of your ethnicity for a few thousand NT.
did your momma give birth to you for that???

Buh-deeb Buh-deeb…dat’s all folks!

http://melaman2.com/cartoons/looney/themes/looney_tunes_end1.mp3

Welll…have you ever seen a bald Indian?

Wow, than this one must beat my puke-record of seeing the Prime Blue WhiskEy guy on TV…
There is not such a thing as “hair growth” anyway, so that foreigner relay must be ute ute ute stupid.
I’ll ask my GF what she thinks about the add when seeing it.

many the native american actors in the states that i’ve seen are balding.

the hair commerical sounds like a pyramid scam i heard many years ago in the States:
“have you ever seen a fat chinese? no, that’s because they eat these herbs.”

same shit different day.

[quote=“theposter”]the hair commerical sounds like a pyramid scam i heard many years ago in the States:
“have you ever seen a fat chinese? no, that’s because they eat these herbs.”

same shit different day.[/quote]

Brilliant! Where can I find those herbs, theposter?

they put 'em in the new Subway Steak’n’cheese!! eat up folks!

Under laws passed a couple of years ago, actors and models can be held accountable for the effectiveness (or lack of) of the products they promote. IOW, if a TV personality appears in a commercial endorsing a product, they can be held liable if they or the vendor cannot prove the product actually does what it’s claimed to do. IIRC a few celebrities have been sued on these grounds.

Still wonder why they hire foreigners for these ads?

I’m pretty sure “ah do gah” or “ah do ah” or whatever is the Taiwanese equivalent of “waiguoren”. How is that racist? How is it bringing us down? Should I yell at the next pre-school age kid that points at me and says “waiguoren” to his mom?

If anything, your suggestion to “stop being an Uncle Tom” was more offensive then calling someone a foreigner.

How do you know he’s an English teacher?

I agree. FAR more offensive, given that adogah is not even offensive. […] You know perfectly well that the Taiwanese have a derogatory term for foreigner and that it is NOT adogah.
Now, if some taike wanker calls me hsiadogah he’ll get himself a “Joker” smile courtesy of my straight razors, but adogah? Come ON! :unamused:

Thanks sandmaster, for the illiterate boobs like m’self, could we have literal translations of both

1. a do gah
  2. hsia do gah

… preferably character by character, if it applies?

[quote=“sandman”]
Now, if some taike wanker calls me hsiadogah he’ll get himself a “Joker” smile courtesy of my straight razors, but adogah? Come ON! :unamused:[/quote]What? Someone call me?

Oh, nevermind. Continue please.

Jesus, Ran, what work do you do? Most of us are whores. Get over it.

HG

i’m much more expensive than you, HGC. and my nose is bigger.

but i would daw the line at promoting quackery. soft drink, air conditioners, even Taiwan beer (not that they’re likely to ask me) but slimming herbs? hair tonic? snake oil? mystical balms and libations? no sirree.

I agree. FAR more offensive, given that adogah is not even offensive. […] You know perfectly well that the Taiwanese have a derogatory term for foreigner and that it is NOT adogah.
Now, if some taike wanker calls me hsiadogah he’ll get himself a “Joker” smile courtesy of my straight razors, but adogah? Come ON! :unamused:[/quote]
I disagree, a little. Adogah isn’t meant as a pejorative, but it is still an (unflattering) reference to the prominence of our noses. I think the term is ignorant, and as such, I find it offensive. Xi adogah means “effing” foreigner, and there’s no mistaking the malicious intent of that term. The difference between the two is the difference between calling someone a “slope” or a “slant” and a “f*cking slope” or “slant”.

Now, if some taike wanker calls me hsiadogah he’ll get himself a “Joker” smile courtesy of my straight razors, but adogah? Come ON! :unamused:[/quote]
I disagree, a little. Adogah isn’t meant as a pejorative, but it is still an (unflattering) reference to the prominence of our noses. I think the term is ignorant, and as such, I find it offensive. Xi adogah means “effing” foreigner, and there’s no mistaking the malicious intent of that term. The difference between the two is the difference between calling someone a “slope” or a “slant” and a “f*cking slope” or “slant”.[/quote]
You REALLY think adogah’s used here in the same way as “slant” or “slope” might be used elsewhere? [color=green][Edit: Having actually read your post I see that no, that’s not REALLy what you think][/color]. I think it’s FAR less offensive than either of those terms in its usage. But whatever. I really don’t care either way how daft buggers describe me. They’re just dafties, after all.

Thanks for the linguistic clarification!! Appreciated.

Oh yeah!? Well…well…Grahame Green still got his hair. I watched wind talkers and they had all their hair…