Spineless foriegners, REPENT!

Oh yeah!? Well…well…Grahame Green still got his hair. I watched wind talkers and they had all their hair…[/quote]
Nick Cage is receding though, you have to admit. So is that Steven Seagull. He’s an Eskimo, though. Right?

I thought those bird-feather headdresses that the chiefs wore were just elaborate, primitive toupees.

Oh yeah!? Well…well…Grahame Green still got his hair. I watched wind talkers and they had all their hair…[/quote]

Was that a deliberately misplaced e? Graham Greene is long dead, and he’d lost his hair before he kicked off. . . oh, there’s an injun named Grahame Green?

Hmm, in all the cowboy movies I saw, there no baldies . . hang on, what were that lot with the holes in the arse of their pants? Mohiccans? maybe they were bald?

HG

Nick Cage is receding though, you have to admit. So is that Steven Seagull. He’s an Eskimo, though. Right?[/quote]

Ain’t he Irish

As for our native American buddy:

look at those beautiful wavy locks!

HG wrote: [quote]hang on, what were that lot with the holes in the arse of their pants? Mohiccans? maybe they were bald? [/quote]

Stop looking at men’s arses! You’re out of prison now.

The Poster is right about people selling out. mind you, I would be quite happy to whore myself for a few cans of the cold stuff. To paraphrase the ad: “My job is to recommend the best. I give you Taiwan Beer!”

Maybe Taiwan doesn’t want representation in the UN because of all those pesky human rights issues.

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
!!!

Steven Seagull is an Eskimo!?!?! GTFOOH! :astonished:

Stoop? Why? The air up here too rarified for you? The intellectual stimulation too much for your oxygen-starved grey matter.
And yeah. Steven Seagull eats only seal blubber.

Stooooooooo…oop?

Front or rear? (stoop is a regional term for the steps leading to or from a house)

And no…Segull is not an Eskimo. Or even the more accurate …Innuit, Aleut or Athabascan.

Stop. I meant “Stop.”

I thought that was clear.

Weirdoes.

Well … euh … they die before they are getting the chance to go bold …

I never believe this steven seathings guy is an eskimo … never fits in a kayak … euh, I might be wrong, maybe that’s why he became an actor …

Was that a deliberately misplaced e? Graham Greene is long dead, and he’d lost his hair before he kicked off. . . oh, there’s an injun named Grahame Green?

HG[/quote]

I am not dead and i am not an injun. Still alive and kicking in Taipei (and still have my hair).

And yes, the “e” is misplaced.

GG

Native Americans were among the earliest developers of advanced hair care; they were especially noted for their hair graft techniques (better known as “scalping”).

What? He’s NOT an Eskimo? There you go. That explains the lack of kayaks about his person.

Maoman, did we have this conversation before? I often use that exact simile as an example. But, as also alluded to, it’s not meant as a perjorative. Alimo.

“Xi” aside, that is.

As Sandman correctly observed, who cares what a bunch of ignit muthafucks think? All the same… :smiling_imp:

What I find more disturbing is the sudden gasp of shocked surprise when we are “discovered”, followed by the whispered “adoagh” to alert the gang and collect the face. This can be compared to walking down the street in a western city, seeing an Asian and quickly pointing the oddity out so all my friends could gawk. Worse yet, calling this attention at the behest of a body part??? Pretty low class, iyam. And to watch the parents smile as the kids do it? Well, damn me to H E double hockey sticks if that don’t stick in my craw. To me it’s usage hastens my opinion of the utterrer as a no count redneck all the quicker. And I hate to judge people. But some folks just needs judgin’.

In that regard, I agree that the OP is onto something, but this is yet another example of the stereotypes portrayed in what is loosely called PR around here. It’s insulting and I am embarrassed for both Taiwanese and Westerners.

Now sure, we are all whores and shouldn’t quibble about what we nibble…but even a crack whore a week before Welfare Wednesday would turn down a herpes infested erm…gig, wouldn’t one?

And Graham Green, the actor, is Native American nothing. He is Native-Canadian. ppllffllfftttt…

old folks around here (chushan) don’t know another word, and as long as they using a doh gah as aprt of a normal sentence it’s fine:

example:

“na ge ah do gah de lao pouh sz gong wu yuan.”

this is a normal sentence :" that foriegner’s wife is a civil service worker".

for old folks it’s not NORMAL to say wai gouh ren, though i DO hear “mi gou lang” a lot and that’s the one i prefer to hear in taiwanese. it’s as another poster said, when they use it as a catcall, that i don’t like it. i don’t even like “HELLO” used as a catcall.

The “Hey, look, it’s a foreigner” irritates me too, but I’ve learned to limit the degree and the length of time to which I’ll allow myself to get pissed off, or I’d be fuming all day. Parents who encourage this sort of behaviour ought to be forced to walk daily a gauntlet of non-Taiwanese children shouting “Asian! Asian!” as their parents look on, aglow with approving smiles.

The Taiwanese media’s typical portrayal of foreigners is awe-inspiringly insipid and insensitive. Do they think we aren’t listening, or do they just not give a fuck?

Welcome back Toe, by the way.

actually, i am pretty sure that does make him native american, as in ‘native of the continent of america’…

the continent of north america is divided into two countries, north and south canada. sorry, USA and canadia. whatever. they’re all the same, aren’t they?

(ducks and puts helmet on)