Spirit Release is the modern word for Exorcism

I came across the attached websites when I was googling “split personality disorder” for my girlfriend. [Posted long story in Women’s Forum]

When I talked to her recently, she revealed that she’s being possessed by two spirits, one male and one female! They bothered her non-stop at times, telling her stuffs and asking questions. Her lips kept on moving. She can choose to be silent or be their mouthpiece.

I am still googling for a spirit release therapist/priest in Taiwan OR a temple medium to do the exorcism on her and house cleansing. Any one who came across a reliable one who charges reasonably? There are many conmen preying on crisis. My friend does not have much money, and I do not want to see her being conned.

[color=#404080]http://www.spiritrelease.com/about_sri.htm[/color]

About the SRF

The Spirit Release Foundation (originally the British Association for Spirit Release) was founded in 1999 by a group of medical and complementary practitioners who had a special interest in working with the condition known as spirit attachment. (See below.) The intention was to provide help and support.

The Foundation’s objectives are:

to enhance holistic health through awareness and understanding of spirit attachment and spirit release.
to introduce this awareness and understanding to health-care practitioners and others.
to provide training and support in this field.
to encourage research into spirit attachment and spirit release.
Spirit Attachment and Release

Some of the more common symptoms of spirit attachment can be: lack of energy, memory disturbance, behavioural change, mood change, addictive behaviour, relationship problems and hearing disturbing voices. There may be bodily pain and other physical symptoms. The degree of attachment also varies. Some individuals are scarcely affected, while in rare cases the individual’s body and mind have been taken over completely.

Spirit attachment is not uncommon and is often misdiagnosed because many practitioners are not aware of it and because the symptoms might fit a number of possible diagnoses. In some instances attachments exacerbate an existing complaint with similar symptoms. They may be the reason that recovery from a complaint is very slow.

Spirit Release is the is the term given to the process of clearing the attachment.

This is another website with interesting details:

[color=#404080]http://www.spacehealers.com/spirit-release.html[/color]

Spirit Release

Spirit Release is the modern word for Exorcism. The difference is that Exorcism is only interested in helping the person or property to which the spirit is attached, whereas Spirit Release also helps the spirit.

Spirits or ghosts can be attached to people, animals, property (land and buildings), electrical equipment (cars, computers, etc,) and to websites.

What is a spirit?
A spirit is a being without a physical body, for example; angel, demon or dead person. Spirits can be good, bad or somewhere in between. If a spirit is not good and is causing problems to a person, property, electrical equipment or website, then Space Healers can remove it and thus enable you to have an easier and more fulfilling life, in some cases it can transform your life – it depends how much damage the spirit is doing to you.

What type of spirits do Space Healers release?
The following types of spirit can be released: the soul of a person who has not gone to the light at death and is stuck on the Earth plane or a lower plane, a being from another planet or from a parallel reality, demons. There are also elemental or nature spirits, who are often angry due to the careless actions of humans; these are dealt with either by pacifying them or by persuading them to move to a more suitable place.

How do you know if your problems are caused by spirits?

People
You may feel that you are not in control of your actions; that someone else is controlling you. You have the symptoms of a health problem, without actually having the health problem; that is you have various symptoms, however all the doctors and alternative practitioners you have been to, can find nothing wrong with you. You feel exhausted or irritable for no good reason. You have gained obsessions, habits or panic attacks, which are just not you, and nothing particular has happened to cause this. You suffer from headaches, have difficulty sleeping or are suffering from nightmares.
Please note that all of the above problems, can have causes which are nothing to do with spirits. Spirit attachment is just one of the many possible causes.

Land and Buildings
You feel uncomfortable in certain places on your property; you may feel that some invisible person is watching you. You feel afraid after dark in various places on your property. Some places are always very cold and there is no sensible explanation for this. You see shadowy figures, or hear unexplained noises or footsteps. Things move about by themselves or are seen to fly through the air. You are constantly having water or electrical problems. Ever since you moved to your new property, your family or work force have been suffering from health problems, nightmares, exhaustion or irritability. Your home, office or shop just doesn’t feel like a nice place to be, your friends or customers feel uncomfortable when they visit you.

Please note that some of the above problems can have causes which are not related to spirit attachment. Also some of them may be caused by Geopathic
Stress.

Electrical Equipment
Your electrical possessions are behaving oddly, erratically or in a way that is supposed to be physically impossible; for example your CD player or TV turns itself on or off, or changes the volume when no-one has touched the controls. You feel as if you are being controlled by someone else when operating your electrical equipment. Your car is causing numerous problems which do not make sense to your mechanic or may be it has become accident prone.
Please note that sometimes electrical equipment behaves oddly because the user has unused psychic powers.

Websites
Your website was attracting lots of customers, is high up on the Search Engines, however suddenly no-one is contacting you and this has been going on for weeks. Often angry clients or emotionally ill people will curse websites. Spirits get attracted to electricity and become attached to various pages of websites. If your website is suffering from negative spirit attachment or has been cursed, releasing the spirits concerned or raising the curse, will have drastic and immediate good effects on the results you are getting from it.

Please note that sometimes websites are just going through a bad time or their owner is secretly longing for a break from overwork; in which case the website is unlikely to be suffering from attached spirits or psychic attack.

Why do spirits or ghosts attach themselves to people, property and electrical equipment?
When a person has not gone to the light at death, they often feel lost or lonely, then they see a light, which may be your aura (energy field) or your electrical equipment (which gives off a light when on) and the spirit then goes towards that light and often gets stuck in it. If a person dies unexpectedly, does not believe in an after life, feels very guilty and therefore does not expect to be allowed to go to heaven, feels a desire to stay near to loved ones or wishes to manipulate the living, then the spirit of the person may get stuck on the earth plane.

If a person is very attached to the place where they lived when alive or died there during an act of violence, then their spirit will often remain at that place and haunt it until someone prays for them or organises their removal via a Spirit Release practitioner or priest.

When an act of violence is committed, the scene can get attached to the property a bit like a photograph or film, even though the spirit of the dead person may have gone to the light. This is caused by the strong emotions of either or both of the attacker and the victim. These photographic attachments can occur even if no one is fatally injured in the attack. Space Healers can remove this type of photographic memory from your property.

How can you protect yourself from spirit attachment?
There is no foolproof way to protect yourself from spirit attachment. The best way is to keep yourself healthy, with your immune system in good working order, this strengthens your aura (energy field) making spirit attachment less likely. Hospitals and pubs are often thought of as places where spirit attachment is more likely; hospitals because people die in them and pubs because they are often full of dead alcoholics looking for a person to get attached to so that they can have a drink. (Alcohol in the after life does not give a person the same experience as on the Earth plane.) However it is also possible to pick up a spirit on a bus or in a taxi, as some spirits move from person to person. Even if you have a strong aura, it is possible to pick up a spirit if you are unconscious for any reason; such as having an operation or an accident. When unconscious or asleep your aura is more open than during your waking hours.

:popcorn:

Exorcism is still alive and kicking(out the devil, as it were). New age names for an ancient practice.
Not something for amateurs to become involved in. Exorcism is not a parlor trick. It involves a person who has become possessed by a demon spirit or Satan himself.
Its best to consul a professional.
A handy site for information on things such as this.
this is not a game to be played - irreparable damage can be done to the psyche of the posses person

Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage

I might also mention 3 books:
Beware the Night
Hostage to the Devil
People of the Lie

Also, realize and understand that even evil has a purpose and that God is in control.

Ask “it” a simple, Yes or No, question:
”Do you believe that Jesus Christ was born in the flesh?”

It all begins with this answer.

I dropped a half bottle of bourbon last week and released a few spirits.

Bugger.

I think it was a bad omen.

In my humble opinion, any time and money spent on spirit release is wasted. Your friend who thinks she’s being possessed by two spirits needs psychiatric help. Go to the Community Services Center if you don’t know of a recommended psychiatrist.

I unfortunately cannot read the long post in the women’s forum (due to my reproductive organs being on the outside of my body), but I tend to agree with Zender. The VAST majority of “possessions” are mental issues.

If you speak Chinese (as English does not seem to be your first language…apologies if I am wrong, but perhaps your post was written in haste) you can find any number of exorcists in Taiwan at your local Daoist Temples.

But what religion is your girl friend? Is she Daoist? Buddhist? Christian? You will need to find an exorcist who practices the same faith as her.

But again…I would only suggest doing so after INTENSE counseling, psychotherapy and certainly a mental health professional’s evaluation. Most likely, she is just bonkers (to put it bluntly).

[quote=“urodacus”]I dropped a half bottle of bourbon last week and released a few spirits.

Bugger.

I think it was a bad omen.[/quote]

Do not fear. Followers of Santería pour some liquor on the floor before having a drink themselves. They say it’s for the spirits so they won’t go thirsty. It’s supposed to give good juju.

It is easy to make fun of this, but since we are talking about a real person who may perhaps benefit (or suffer) from information posted here…

The proposition that there exist certain supernatural beings, such as demons or spirits, is one which I do not happen to share. Perhaps I am wrong–in any case, it amounts to a form of religious belief, and should be treated as such. (I would place much, perhaps most of alternative medical belief in this category as well.) Having said that, a reported possession by spirits is not necessarily grounds for psychiatric concern–a number of well-known religious systems encourage such reportage, whose members often lead happy, productive lives, and we would have to view her experience in this light.

Is she a danger to herself or others? Is this belief interfering with her ability to lead a fulfilling life? If so, then yes, it is cause for psychiatric concern, and she should receive treatment (perhaps for delusion). Even so, “traditional” remedies such as exorcism rites may well prove more practically effective than the usual psychiatric remedies (drugs and counseling), or may be used together. At this point we would need to know what religion she is–are we talking about Catholic, Pentecostal, or Daoist exorcism? A Catholic one would be the most difficult to arrange.

[quote]A Catholic one would be the most difficult to arrange.[/quote]Per Vatican rules - Every Diocese has a Priest tasked with, and supposedly trained for, exorcisms.

Perhaps, but they don’t just give them to anybody who wants one. The application process is quite lengthy, and involves ruling out alternative causes such as psychiatric ones.

One word describes the entire concept: scam.

Step 1: Teach people they have a problem (e.g. being haunted by spirits).
Step 2: Sell them the “solution”.
Step 3: Make lots of money.

I greatly appreciate all your feedbacks. :slight_smile:

Btw, she’s a Buddhist. She and her 70-year plus father are now Taiwan citizens, and living in Taoyuan, about 30mins’ car ride to the airport. Her Taiwanese husband is based in Shenzhen for a few years now, and visits the family every two months.

She was in coma for one month at home in June this year, which was caused by a sudden nervous breakdown.

For years, she is tormented by her overbearing in-laws especially her mother in-law (MIL), who rummaged through the house and took whatever stuffs they fancied. They even have a set of keys to her house.

[After marriage, she helped to pay off her MIL supposedly huge debt, and she occasionally used her own funds to pay off her husband credit cards bills, and also chipped in to his biz over the years whenever he demanded for it.]

Since she’s illiterate in Mandarin, it’s difficult for her to locate which temple offers exorcism from Google search engine or YellowPages since temples are usually listed in Mandarin. My command of Mandarin is minimal. Can someone please help to search from Chinese search engine, and provide the temples’ addresses and contact numbers? Thanks.

Chris:
Agree. Fact: Spirits exist.

Tainan Cowboy:
I must call her to find out exactly what’s being said about Jesus Christ. She did mention once.

Zender:
Yes, I have called and asked her to make appointment for counselling with the Community Service Centre, as recommended in the Women’s Forum.
She definitely needs counselling. Her teenager daughter, who is affected by her condition needs one, too. But, she’s away studying fashion designing. I am not sure about her seven year old daughter at home.

Confuzius:
Thanks. I didn’t realize that my English was that bad! I am an English educated Chinese.

Zla’od:
Thanks for your understanding.
After coma, she is in no condition to work.
Personally, the best option is exorcism since she feels two entities inside her.

Psychological services, especially clinical psychology, in Taiwan are very weak, perhaps due to the prevalence in belief in the existence of ghosts and spirits and the efficacy of exorcisms.

Perhaps some exorcisms work as well as placebo interventions in much new-age psychology, such as dream therapy and so on.

Go for it! get exorcised, get relief, and get on with your life.

But it doesn’t actually prove that exorcism (or spirit release: call it whatever you will) are effective per se, and because they actually have some mechanistic reality.

Oh, i forget, reality is illusory and the substantive is purely a projection onto this plane of a higher existential spiritualism. How silly of me.

Which is something that should be done!!!

Too many people cry “possession” when its a completely rationally explained mental issue. (and I am not one of those people who do NOT believe in possession…)

[quote=“tigerlily2011”]I greatly appreciate all your feedbacks. :slight_smile:

Btw, she’s a Buddhist. She and her 70-year plus father are now Taiwan citizens, and living in Taoyuan, about 30mins’ car ride to the airport. Her Taiwanese husband is based in Shenzhen for a few years now, and visits the family every two months…[/quote]

There are Buddhist temples in Taipei and Kaohsiung that perform exorcisms. Google 密宗/密教/東密 and just skip all of the Tibetan Temples.

But it is not like you will be able to walk into a temple at 9:00 and have an exorcism performed by 17:00, the 法師 will want to meet her, consult with her, perhaps prescribe other forms of help. If this is the route you go, it will not be a quick and easy fix.

If you want a quick and easy fix…you can easily find someone who will perform the exorcism for TONS of $$$…but then it would be a scam.

EDIT

STAY AWAY from anyone associated with this group/lineage: http://hanmibuddhism.org/HistoryLineageofHanMi.aspx

If you are serious about this route, you want a 真言 (眞言) temple I would assume (google those words as well). If they want to charge you buttloads of money, PM me.

[quote=“urodacus”]Psychological services, especially clinical psychology, in Taiwan are very weak, perhaps due to the prevalence in belief in the existence of ghosts and spirits and the efficacy of exorcisms.

Perhaps some exorcisms work as well as placebo interventions in much new-age psychology, such as dream therapy and so on.

Go for it! get exorcised, get relief, and get on with your life.

But it doesn’t actually prove that exorcism (or spirit release: call it whatever you will) are effective per se, and because they actually have some mechanistic reality.

Oh, i forget, reality is illusory and the substantive is purely a projection onto this plane of a higher existential spiritualism. How silly of me.[/quote]
Bull S^&*. Just because you haven’t investigated the possibility that Taiwanese clinical psychologists might actually be very good gives you no reason to make a dumbass comment like that. I guess it’s par fo the course.
I have met and know a few who are very good. Yes, there is a lot of superstition here but that does not lead to any reason for what you said. Plain nonsense.

Thanks for your continued support.

Yes, there are some good psychologists in Taiwan, but the extent to which psychological services are used as mainstream treatment and the degree to which they are funded is far less than in many other countries. it’s almost as bad as Japan.

Of course, if all your friends are psychologists, then you may know them all personally.

But any place where exorcism is still thought of as a sensible intervention is demonstrably behind the curve in psychological support. Psychiatry, sure: throw more drugs at it. But Psychological support???

Okay, it sounds like we’re looking at psychosis (there are drugs that can help), marriage and family issues (hence counseling, which I am happy to learn she is getting), and “spiritual crisis” (which might indeed be more effectively addressed through religious intervention). Buddhism, like Daoism, comes in a number of varieties, some of which are more interested in your money than others.

Does she already belong to a certain Buddhist organization? If so, have they been approached about this? Does Tzu Chi do exorcisms? I mention them, because they would certainly be in a position to cooperate with psychiatric care. One poster suggested excluding Tibetan organizations, but I expect that exorcism would be right up their alley.

FYI, judging from what I see of the Daoist temples, “exorcism” involves standing while a Daoist priest waves incense, chants, and rings a little bell for ten minutes or so. Fees probably vary according to the wealth of the possession victim, and the greed of the Daoist, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t honest ones out there. The Buddhist situation is probably similar.

One question: you say she hears voices. What do the voices say?

[quote=“Zla’od”]Okay, it sounds like we’re looking at psychosis (there are drugs that can help), marriage and family issues (hence counseling, which I am happy to learn she is getting), and “spiritual crisis” (which might indeed be more effectively addressed through religious intervention). Buddhism, like Daoism, comes in a number of varieties, some of which are more interested in your money than others.

Does she already belong to a certain Buddhist organization? If so, have they been approached about this? Does Tzu Chi do exorcisms? I mention them, because they would certainly be in a position to cooperate with psychiatric care. [color=#0000BF]One poster suggested excluding Tibetan organizations[/color], but I expect that exorcism would be right up their alley.

FYI, judging from what I see of the Daoist temples, “exorcism” involves standing while a Daoist priest waves incense, chants, and rings a little bell for ten minutes or so. Fees probably vary according to the wealth of the possession victim, and the greed of the Daoist, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t honest ones out there. The Buddhist situation is probably similar.

One question: you say she hears voices. What do the voices say?[/quote]

Nothing against the Tibetans! Only reason I said “skip them” in reference to the google search terms is that those terms may bring up a BAZILLION Tibetan places, making the search quite daunting. If he uses those terms and SKIPS the Tibetan places, he will have a lot fewer options to have to sort through. Also since he is an “English educated Chinese”, I thought perhaps an exorcist of the East Asian flavor may be easier to communicate with. Tibetans are awesome :notworthy:

All of your advice is great though. :thumbsup:

Thanks Confuzius!