**Spoilers** World Cup Results 2010 Discussion Thread

The problem is England HAVE to win their group for an easier route to the next rounds.
If they come 2nd then it’s probably Germany.

I see the Canadians have a day.( advert above)
They need something having missed out of the World Cup. It will be a bit lonely on the beach!

Man, the Dutch were all over Denmark like a rash. Composed and lethal. Really a team to watch.

Had my money on Cameroon, but they looked ill-disciplined and haphazard. Japan looked, by contrast, a well-oiled machine. Banzai!

Japan’s goalie was huge at the end!

Not looking like much world cup action for the next few days, unless people fancy staying up till 4am watching brazil whip DPR Korea into shape

New Zealand vs. Slovakia - 15 Jun 1:30pm
Côte d’Ivoire vs. Portugal - 15 Jun 4:00pm
Brazil vs. North Korea - 15 Jun 8:30pm
Honduras vs. Chile - 16 Jun 1:30pm
Spain vs. Switzerland - 16 Jun 4:00pm
South Africa vs. Uruguay - 16 Jun 8:30pm

• All times are South Africa Time

Ivory Coast vs Portugal has potential to be a good game, but on the whole so far I’m a bit disappointed. We’ve just seen one excellent performance, from Germany, and a couple of competent-but-not-very-exciting performances (S. Korea and the Netherlands). We need a 4-3 thriller to set this World Cup alight.

As long as Brazil and France don’t win it all, I’m happy.

That was some game. Cameroon tried to turn the game araound, but it was too late. The Japanese team had the upper hand from the start.

I tried to watch the Dutch game, it was dreadful. Wish I had seen Germany beat Aus but I’m sure there will be some more good games before its over. The timezone thing sucks.

[quote=“itakitez”]Not looking like much world cup action for the next few days, unless people fancy staying up till 4am watching brazil whip DPR Korea into shape

New Zealand vs. Slovakia - 15 Jun 1:30pm
Côte d’Ivoire vs. Portugal - 15 Jun 4:00pm
Brazil vs. North Korea - 15 Jun 8:30pm
Honduras vs. Chile - 16 Jun 1:30pm
Spain vs. Switzerland - 16 Jun 4:00pm
South Africa vs. Uruguay - 16 Jun 8:30pm

• All times are South Africa Time[/quote]

I will support Honduras with all my heart but my money is on Chile. :smiley: :blush: :laughing:

Mark my words: Brazil vs. North Korea = massacre

Spain vs. Swiss = Spanish will become sausage

SA vs. Uruguay = another goleada, what we call gato panza arriba

I’m watching New Zealand vs Slovakia and hoping NZ can pull a draw but I’ll be over the moon if they win it.

After seeing how badly things went for the Kiwis in the Confed cup last year, I think it is more like hoping that DPRK being in the Group of Death prevents the All Whites from finishing dead last…

Bei-Han is gonna shock the world tonight!

Côte d’Ivoire 0 : 0 Portugal

Bit disappointing, after all the press stating Portugal is favorite to win the cup.
Maybe later tonight (2:30am) Brazil can show us what scoring is.

It should be a one way goal fest. The fact that this wc has already had some mexican waves is never a good sign.

cheers on that one, almost not enough beer to stand that games…and that’s a tough one… let’s see what brazil is doing against the commrades…

well, its still 0 -0 …

Yeah…it’s been a pretty grim WC so far. Screw these draws!

Yeah… right :roflmao:

Funny enough so far I feel it is very well worth watching, much more than anything in this WC, with the exception of the Germany Game… Sure, the Brazil players really do nice stuff - just no goals yet. And the Commies are putting up a hell of a fight. And it seems both sides are actually - GASP! - enjoying it!

Yeah… right :roflmao:

Funny enough so far I feel it is very well worth watching, much more than anything in this WC, with the exception of the Germany Game… Sure, the Brazil players really do nice stuff - just no goals yet. And the Commies are putting up a hell of a fight. And it seems both sides are actually - GASP! - enjoying it![/quote]
Brazil 2 - 0 Commie Bastards
Twenty minutes to go…

Go Brazil!!!

Edit: Final score Brazil 2 - 1 N Korea. Good goal by the commies, too!