Spongebob is gay?

breaking controversy. scroll down to watch the shocking video (g-rated) here, the news leadin is pretty funny

msnbc.msn.com/id/6852828/

this is great, let these right-wing-religio-fanatic morons make themselves look stupid.

I’m not feeling the love.

Could this be considered “hate speech”?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
I’m not feeling the love.

Could this be considered “hate speech”?[/quote]

suit yourself there. did you feel that moniker applied to you TC? i have nothing against right wing people or religious people, for example.

cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/2 … .bob.reut/

Where the f*ck to they get these “characters”???

A role model??? Foghorn Leghorn would kick Spongebob’s sorry wimp ass.

renegadechickens.com/chicken … _a_joke.au

and then

Frankly…as far as Sponge Bob goes…

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]breaking controversy. scroll down to watch the shocking video (g-rated) here, the news leadin is pretty funny

msnbc.msn.com/id/6852828/

this is great, let these right-wing-religio-fanatic morons make themselves look stupid.[/quote]

Maybe they are smart enough not to rehash two day old news.

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … bob#290613](Culture Wars Started: OK. Sen-Elect Goes After Lesbians :smiling_imp:

ok, i’ll slow down a bit. right-wing-religio-fanatics as described in the article, bad. right wingers, fine. religious people, fine. hell fanatics are fine. i’ll tell you what, if one other person takes issue with the way i phrased that, i’ll change it.

it may as well be elmer fudd as spongebob. in fact many cartoon characters appeared in this seemingly innocuous video. if you don’t give a damn, that’s fine too.

that this happened two days ago hardly changes the point :unamused: gee, how could i have missed it in that thread

Right and left are irrelevent. If you saw the video, you’ll have to agree there was no sexuality in it at all. Not sure what that guy warning people is on about. I have to agree with the reporter: not only was there no reference made to homosexuality, there wasn’t even much Spong Bob in the video. It reminds me of the nutcases who said Harry Potter was pushing a Paegan lifestyle on kids. :loco:

TS -
Agree.

To lighten things up a bit, here’s a new video from the folks at JibJab…pretty funny.

jibjab.com/lowband/default.htm

the group is described as conservative i don’t see any compelling reason to doubt that. considering that the story came from an address to congress for starters, there is certainly a political aspect to it.

You’re missing the point. What I meant was this issue shouldn’t become one of conservatives versus liberals. The type of person who interprets something like the “we are family” video as promoting homosexuality is an extremist nutcase; it doesn’t matter if he’s a left or a right winger. Right and left are irrelevent in this case.

i would rather that it were irrelevant too but it is not in this case. the people in question are right wingers making a political argument.

I think Popeye was into beastiality.

Isn’t this right up there with The telletubbies being gay?

rightgrrl.com/carolyn/teletubbies.html

As a left-wing anti-religio fanatic (possible) moron, who absolutely supports the rights of gays, up to and including the right to marry (why shouldn’t they suffer like the rest of us?), I have to say that the (self-proclaimed) Rev. Dodson is right.

This video is being used to support a pro-gay agenda; the “tolerance’” promoted emphatically includes tolerance for homosexuality. Now, I agree with that , but if - like the good “Rev.” - you think homosexuality is a filthy disgusting perversion and its practitioners will burn in Hell forever, you certainly should be out there condemning SpongeBob.

Mind you, this is a man who has to take a belt and beat the crap out of a 12-pound daschund to make it sleep in its own bed, and he’s advising me on how to raise children ?
digbysblog.blogspot.com/2004_12_ … 3838806609

spongebob is rubbish. its a kids show that adults attempt to find meaning in.

My son likes to watch it but I’ve never seen it myself as it’s a kids show.

Some adults just havent gotten thru their second childhood yet.

I guess that means Bob the Builder was inspired by the Village People.

Although Winnie the Pooh was not wearing pants

Yes, yes, yes we all know that, but we just have to talk about it here, don’t you get it? Our lives could lose meaning if we did not throw our “laowai in Taiwan” spin on every single aspect of everything.