Spore - new game from Will Wright (Creator of the Sims)

It’s currently still in development but it’s shaping up to be a phenomenal game. For those that don’t know, Will Wright is the designer of old school games like Sim City up to the present day The Sims.

Official Spore website, although there isn’t much info about the game out atm it keeps in line with his specific genre of games, namely “Sim” type games.

To give you a better idea of how the game will play out here’s a game play movie from the game, Movie link. It’s a very long movie, around 35 minutes but if you’re a fan of sim games it’s something to definitely need to watch. From the movie you can see it’s kinda like a cross between Populous, Civilization and the Sims.

Just wondering if people have been keeping up to date with this game and have any new info?

It makes me want to buy a new computer because holy shit that’s gonna take up a lot of memory and require a top-of-the-line processor!

Takes the God thing to a whole new level! No more simply creating people’s faces, no more simply creating cities, no more simply worshipping shamans and casting spells…you get to evolve an entire life form from a protocean to a complex intelligent life form. Very cool. If only I had a computer capable of handling that. Considering how slowly my Sims 2 is running and I haven’t even installed my University and Nightlife EP’s… Sigh. :frowning:

It sucks that this game won’t come out until Q4 this year… I’ll be one of the first to get this one!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Have you forgotten how many times The Sims 2 had its release date changed? In the end it was released over a year later than originally stated.