Sports massage therapist in Taipei

I agree with a previous poster that

skosmi.com.tw/en/team.html

Is pretty good. I have had a knee problem for a while now and I have found Dr. David Hang’s approach friendly and to the point. More importantly he didn’t try to sell me any expensive procedures to fix my knee, just good old fashioned stretching and strengthening exercises. They have therapists there for deep tissue massages.

I know a great Tuina therapist in Neihu. Sessions are around 700 NTD for about 40mins but he only speaks Chinese. Let me know if you want the address.

[quote=“PaMaFanAiFangBian”]I agree with a previous poster that

skosmi.com.tw/en/team.html

Is pretty good. I have had a knee problem for a while now and I have found Dr. David Hang’s approach friendly and to the point. More importantly he didn’t try to sell me any expensive procedures to fix my knee, just good old fashioned stretching and strengthening exercises. They have therapists there for deep tissue massages.

I know a great Tuina therapist in Neihu. Sessions are around 700 NTD for about 40mins but he only speaks Chinese. Let me know if you want the address.[/quote]

Do you know what Skosmi’s rates are for a) massage, b) Dr Hang’s sessions? I can’t find it on their website.
They were mentioned elsewhere on here, it’s the only place I’ve turned up. I’d like to try something more than tui-na at this stage.

From memory the first consultation with Dr Hang was around 1300, which included an X-ray. I second visit was more expensive at around 1800 even though it was a simple follow up session…forgot to ask why. I haven’t tried the massage there.

Thanks.

There is a hotel here in Hualien that’s linked to the Thailand Thann Sanctuary http://www.thann.info/thann_sanctuary.php. They also have a place in Taipei.

Anyway, they offer the [quote]THANN Sanctuary Signature Massage - a deep tissue treatment, using firm palm and thumb pressure to relieve and heal muscular aches and pains. This rejuvenating massage treatment is recommended for active people or after any sports activity.[/quote]

It’s not cheap ($3,600, 120 mins) - suspect some of that time is aromatherapy. Don’t know how good the masseurs are, their Bangkok reviews online get a mixed set of reviews, but the majority are positive.

I never went to the Thann (above), but I have been going to a place in Taichung on Wenxin Lu with trained physiotherapists offering deep tissue manipulation. It’s been good, had needed work done on my lower hamstring and gluteal region.

SO doesn’t think they have a url, but it is a well-run, clean, professional clinic. They also have a branch in Taipei but not sure where that is.

黃麗龍 xiao-jie
Clinic: 人一脊椎中心
Add: 台中市408文心路一段378號2F (between a large pet-store and Standard Chartered Bank).
Tel: 04-23292328

Cost is $1,500 p/hr, and the first visit is an additional $500 (or $1000, i forget) consultation fee.

Recommended!

[quote=“Nuit”]I never went to the Thann (above), but I have been going to a place in Taichung on Wenxin Lu with trained physiotherapists offering deep tissue manipulation. It’s been good, had needed work done on my lower hamstring and gluteal region.

SO doesn’t think they have a url, but it is a well-run, clean, professional clinic. They also have a branch in Taipei but not sure where that is.

黃麗龍 xiao-jie
Clinic: 人一脊椎中心
Add: 台中市408文心路一段378號2F (between a large pet-store and Standard Chartered Bank).
Tel: 04-23292328

Cost is $1,500 p/hr, and the first visit is an additional $500 (or $1000, i forget) consultation fee.

Recommended![/quote]

Nuit, I’ve been to the same place. Remember it being next to the Standard Chartered bank. I’d recommend it too, although I’ve been to better places in Canada, where I’m from. I take messages for a knee impact accident that I had years back. Started doing massage therapy in Toronto at the Athletic Edge Sports Medicine facility there. Been going to this place since I moved to Thailand. Very cost effective though, and arguably the best PT clinic I’ve been to in Thailand.

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”]There’s an ART practicioner here in Taipei. He’s on Roosevelt Rd. just south of HePing Rd. across from Starbucks. His name is Jon. Look for the tiny temple across from Starbucks on the west of Roosevelt and then take the little diagonal alley where the temple is. He’s the building on the right about ten yards or so into the alley.

He’s a chiropractor as well and seems very knowledgeable on functional medicine.[/quote]

Hi guys, is this ART practitioner is in business ?