Spousal Visa at AIT

So I have already sent in my I-130 and I’m pretty sure that will take at least a year, lol. However, I’m trying to prepare. I will eventually need to turn in my I-864 (sponsorship) application. I have been here a very long time and all of my income is foreign based…I have zero US based income, which I understand does not count. While my income is fine, the source seems to be not fine. My question is, has anyone gone through the family based immigration process at AIT? Are they really checking where the income comes from? I really am curious to hear from people who have gone through it.
PS: I could get a letter from my employer saying the salary would continue, and it would, but I don’t know if this works with it being a small local company.

1 Like

I’m in the process of doing this stuff right now. My I-130 should be processed in the next month. It has been about 6.5 months since I submitted it and I check the processing time weekly. For the income part, I am pretty sure you can have a joint sponsor. All of my income is based in Taiwan as well, so I plan on having one of my parents help sponsor. You can find some info about joint sponsor on their website. Unfortunately I don’t know anything about them approving foreign earned income for it.

Edit: According to this website you can count it as long as you have proof you will continue to get the income.

According to this website you can count it as long as you have proof you will continue to get the income.

I think once my I130 is approved, I will try to do it with my own income with a letter that it will continue. If they don’t allow it, then I will ask a family member.

Please keep us updated! I would love to hear about your experience given that you are about 6 months ahead of me.