St George's Day Abbot Ale 100NT promo

I’ve been told that Abbot Ale will be 100NT a pint at My Place in the Combat Zone for St George’s Day tomorrow 23rd April. Let’s see if we can give St Patrick’s Day a run for its money.

Anyone up for 10 pints and a curry?

I’ll try and get there after teaching, i.e. not before about 10.30 pm.

What is the story of St. George s day?

St. George was some Turkish dude what slew a dragon or something like that. Or maybe he went down the shops and got 20 Rothman’s. The English, obvioulsy not having anyone heroic enough to be a patron saint of their own, adopted old Mustapha for their patron saint, re-named him George and the rest is history.

There isn’t a story! You just drink 10 pints o’lager, have a lamb vindaloo and throw up on the steps of a church (must be Church of England).

At least on St Gorge’s day, all the English people are just having an honest decalager (the proper Anglican measure of beer), instead of dressing up in green hats, like t***s. The saint’s day of the stylish clad, if only by default.

On our national day we should all go about dressed in frock-coats and ride to work on penny-farthings. To make it really old England… we should be allowed to slap the natives for not making a good gin and tonic

[quote=“fruitloop”]I’ve been told that Abbot Ale will be 100NT a pint at My Place in the Combat Zone for St George’s Day tomorrow 23rd April. Let’s see if we can give St Patrick’s Day a run for its money.

Anyone up for 10 pints and a curry?[/quote]

I believe St.George’s Day is today? It has been on the 23rd April ever since i can remember.

It is today. And for pedants, it was today when I wrote the original post. For normal human beings though, it was at 1am last night after returning from the pub sloshed having persuaded the proprietor to do a promo on Abbot Ale.

I couldn’t have named the date myself until I noticed it on my calendar last week.

I was wondering what the far right racists and nationalists who are more likely to celebrate St George and English nationalism back home make of Turkish dragon slayers, but then I realised they would have to have learned to read to be aware that he was from Turkey.

Wasn’t there a Benny Hill line about St George with his drag on.

[quote=“fruitloop”]

I was wondering what the far right racists and nationalists who are more likely to celebrate St George and English nationalism back home make of Turkish dragon slayers, but then I realised they would have to have learned to read to be aware that he was from Turkey.[/quote]

Anything is possible, seeing as though our Royal family is German…