St. Paddy's Day

Does anyone have any ideas on where to spend Paddy’s day this year? I think we might have used up all our leprechaun charm points at The Shannon last year…

Bob and Dave’s (Bobwunday, as it’s properly known) and the Spaceman are the most “Irish” bars in Taipei. I would recommend starting early in Carnegie’s, heading down the road to Bob and Dave’s, and then finishing off in the Spaceman if you’re still standing.

We’ve got something up our sleeve but I am not saying until ‘others’ have committed their offers in public. But if any of you remember last year, it will be VERY generous. Definitely more for you, the consumer than our accountant.

Slainte!

O’Bob

[quote=“TpeBob”]We’ve got something up our sleeve but I am not saying until ‘others’ have committed their offers in public. But if any of you remember last year, it will be VERY generous. Definitely more for you, the consumer than our accountant.

Slainte!

O’Bob[/quote]

Thats madness. Bob, honestly - your reputation will see you through one single day! Surely you can tell people whats on offer at your pub? Who cares what the others are doing.

These wall pissing competitions are just boring anyway.

[quote=“AWOL”][quote=“TpeBob”]We’ve got something up our sleeve but I am not saying until ‘others’ have committed their offers in public. But if any of you remember last year, it will be VERY generous. Definitely more for you, the consumer than our accountant.

Slainte!

O’Bob[/quote]

Thats madness. Bob, honestly - your reputation will see you through one single day! Surely you can tell people whats on offer at your pub? Who cares what the others are doing.

These wall pissing competitions are just boring anyway.[/quote]

OK OK Fair enough. Nevertheless, I am waiting until Monday or so because there are some other details to sort out. My original post was not intended to be entirely serious anyway but was more of a teaser. Suffice to say that it is Paddy’s Day and no-one will match our generosity on that evening.

Bob

Hmmmm a generous offer from Bob. Perhaps, I Fred Smith should go and drink the bar out of Cloudy Bay again? Or perhaps Krug? hmmmm so many ideas so little time…

Sorry for being not Irish, when is St Patrick’s day ?

No need to apologise! :smiley:

St Patrick’s Day is on 17 March.

It’s an American Festival (in its International incarnation anyway). Most people from Ireland (including me) can’t see what the fuss is about, just enjoy the day off and have never drunk green beer.

Just a lot of paddywhackery and cod Oirishness a la Darby O’Gill and the Little People. :stuck_out_tongue:

That being said… if you want to party that night, [color=green]HAVE FUN![/color]

delete

We have a first rate week of fun and festivities on offer. Watch the press for the final word on what we are offering.
As far as authenticity and Irish spirit, we will not be touched!

It will be Bigger and better than last year!!

delete

Does this mean that you won’t be generous if no-one remembers last year? I very rarely remember more than the first hour or two at your place, owing to a surfeit of the nectar of forgetfulness.

Are you going to be at the door dressed as a leprechaun, interviewing people as they come in to see if they can tell you what happened last year? “Don’t remember? Right, no ‘emerald surprise’* cocktail for you!”

(*Emerald Surprise: a pint of black sludgey beer with a shot glass full of that disgusting ‘whiskey’ in it and a slice of potato on the side.)

Does this mean that you won’t be generous if no-one remembers last year? [/quote]

:unamused:

Ah…Loretta. Leader of the pedants. Just so that you do not get overly confused, I shall re-phrase:

Some of you may recall that last year we were very generous in our St. Patrick’s Day offering and we shall be similarly generous this year whether you remember our generosity last year or not. This year’s generosity will not discriminate between those who are able to recall the generosity of last year and those who don’t. Suffice to say that the generosity referred to here extends to all those people who read this (of legal drinking age, naturally) regardless of whether they remember last year here or not and of course, just so that there is no ambiguity whatsoever, this includes your goodself although you were not here last year and probably don’t recall what we offered but that doesn’t really matter as I have stated above.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

By the way, you have slipped in our ‘worst customer’ rankings from Number 2 to Number 5. Tut tut.

Fred Smith gets an honourary Number 3 position.

Bob O’Marshall

man, that’s one loooonnnnggggg sentence.

PM me for private English lessons.

1st hint: Do not fear the period.

It was three sentences with the last one being somewhat longer than the first two combined.

Thanks for the offer of English lessons but I can usually begin my sentences with a capital letter. :wink:

Cheers,

Bob

[quote=“TeepeeBob”]Suffice to say that the generosity referred to here extends to all those people who read this[/quote]So you’re going to be a meanie to everyone who doesn’t read this ? Next you’re be saying we have to turn up to get anything :unamused:

Is this holiday about rice fields?

[quote=“The Gumper”]

1st hint: Do not fear the period.[/quote]

And don’t be frightened of the full stop either! :wink:

If we have dueling pubs all trying to outdo one another, I would like to plan a route through the city, hitting one bar after another. It would be like a river of green beer. I would call it the Lucinda river and I would swim its effervescent, emerald headwaters from one end of the city to the other.

Do not think Pubs are dueling each other, it is an event big enough for everyvbody to have a full house and make a decent income. Our event already announced on our home page for 10 days! Think we already have about 60 reservations or so. It is not dueling, we are all different some have bands, some dance, some cook specials or some do a combination. Think were consumers benefit from the “dueling” is that there is a variety. Remeber I celebrated my first St. Patrick’s day in 1990 under the watchfull eyes of Carol Edwards at the American Club, wearing a silly green hat and being lectured for one thing or the other.

Anyway, here we go!

St. Patrick’s Day, make your reservation early reservation@tavern.com.tw Tel. 02-87800892
From 7pm, Great Irish Music the whole Night, Irish Multi Media Pub Quiz
Who says that Irish food is only Potatoes???
A Feast of True Irish Traditional Specialities to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, cooked to perfection by our Internationally trained Executive Chefs. Another unmatched Tavern-Premier Food Buffet to remember!
Irish Lamb Stew,Beef with Guinness Gravy,Irish Spiced Beef,Irish Rarebit,Limerick Ham,Dublin Coddle,Roast and boiled Potatoes,Cocannon,Strawberry Cones, 2 Pints of either/or combination of Guinness Draught Stout, Can of Murphy’s Draught Stout, Kilkenny Draught. & 50cc of either Jameson, Black Bush or Baileys Whisky.
NT$590/Person