St. Patrick's Day 2008 in Taipei

I am too busy to meticulously check every bar’s website for details of St. Paddy’s day specials and events, so this is a general call for info from bar owners and barflies alike.

Which bar is having what event on which day and at what time, the real day being Monday the 17th? Who’s got free drinks / specials and what do you have to wear to get them? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Green is probably a good bet. Get yourself a green hat and wear it with pride on the day, make sure you also slap it on the taxi drivers head to get him in the mood for the festivities, he’ll love it.

Thanks for the tip buddy. As a sign of my gratitude, I’ll put one on you first chance I get.

[quote=“BigJohn”]I am too busy to meticulously check every bar’s website for details of St. Paddy’s day specials and events, so this is a general call for info from bar owners and barflies alike.

Which bar is having what event on which day and at what time, the real day being Monday the 17th? Who’s got free drinks / specials and what do you have to wear to get them? Thanks in advance for all replies.[/quote]

OnTap will have 150nt pints of Guinness until midnight this Saturday, the 15th of March. And shots of Baileys and Jameson will be 50nt all night. We’ll also have the same deal on St. Patrick’s Day itself. Hope this entices you down for an hour or two of drinking, BigJohn.

Slainte,

Niall.

Sorry, forgot to mention above, that we’ll also be open on St. Patrick’s day itself from 8pm onwards. And we’ll be offering the same specials as on the 15th. However the kitchen won’t be open on the 17th. It is a day for drinking after all.

Slainte,

Niall.

[quote=“Barman”]Sorry, forgot to mention above, that we’ll also be open on St. Patrick’s day itself from 8pm onwards. And we’ll be offering the same specials as on the 15th. However the kitchen won’t be open on the 17th. It is a day for drinking after all.

Slainte,

Niall.[/quote]

You mean there are days that aren’t for drinking?

[quote=“BigJohn”]I am too busy to meticulously check every bar’s website for details of St. Paddy’s day specials and events, so this is a general call for info from bar owners and barflies alike.

Which bar is having what event on which day and at what time, the real day being Monday the 17th? Who’s got free drinks / specials and what do you have to wear to get them? Thanks in advance for all replies.[/quote]

Carnegie’s will be celebrating on the 17th, starting at 7pm there will be FREE GUINNESS for an hour …or maybe a little more, then from 8pm there will be FREE Bailey’s & Jameson’s for another hour just get you totally in the spirit of things.
Guinness will also be on sale after or before the alloted free time for NT$150/pint and NT$99 for Bailey’s and Jameson’s.

Leek & Potato Soup followed by Corned Beef & Cabbage with Creamy mashed potatoes. NT$360.

Leek & Potato Soup followed by Irish Lamb Stew with mashed potatoes and Vegetables. NT$390.

Hope to see you.

Skell.

March 15th St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at the Tavern-Premier:

Grand Irish Buffet from 7pm to 9pm
Who says Irish Food is only Potatoes?
Irish Lamb Stew, Beef with Guinness Gravy, Irish spiced Beef, Irish Rarebit, Limerick Ham, Dublin Coddle, Roast and boiled Potatoes, Colcannon, Strawberry Cones NT$550/Person
Guinness and Kilkenny & Special Premier Guinness Cocktails all night Dark Side of the Moon, Half & Half, Dublin Snakebite Royal Irish Crown, Black Velvet, Black Widow
NT$200/Pint the whole Night

It’s also important to learn the correct vocabulary for the evening too: Pionta Guinness, le do thoil.

Anyone know how to say “how are ye then ye gobshite?” in Irish?

You just said it.

The Pig and Whistle Hsinchu will celebrate on Monday 17th.
Happy Hour until 8:30pm buy 2 get 1 free .
Carlsberg all night buy 2 get 1 free.
Wear something green for 1 free shot of Bailey’s
All night long buy 2 pints Guiness get 1 free Irish Mist Mint shooter. (Bailey’s and Mint Liquor)
Or buy extras for Nt$100 a shot.
Potato skins baked with cheese and bacon 4 for Nt$100
Vanilla Ice Cream with bailey’s Nt$150
Irish Folk music from 9till 11pm
Bar opens 5pm till late
geocities.com/hsinchu_4q2/

Does anyone know when Citizen Cain will be having their St. Patrick’s Day party?

[quote=“BigJohn”]Does anyone know when Citizen Cain will be having their St. Patrick’s Day party?[/quote] It might be on Christmas this year.

who writes yer jokes and how much dyer pay him?

so anyway free drinks at carnegies, everyone else is charging…gee i wonder where to go…leak and potato soup mind…was there ever a more vile concoction?

so anyway free drinks at carnegies, everyone else is charging…gee I wonder where to go…leak and potato soup mind…was there ever a more vile concoction?[/quote]
Indeed. Tuber and effluvia potage.
Leek and potato, now, is another kettle of soup altogether. I love the stuff.

irishstu, why do Eyerish brass bands walk up and down the street? Northern Engerlish brass bands stand still.

One is marching on land they should own. One is standing still on land they don’t own.

And another is to go on about how Irish-Americans are a trumped up bunch o’ assholes celebrating an Irish holiday that the Irish don’t celebrate. Got a message to you colonists- it ain’t an Irish holiday. It’s ours who aren’t in Ireland for obvious reasons.

Nuff said-

col•o•nist

Pronunciation: (kol’u-nist), [key]
—n.

1. an inhabitant of a colony.
  2. a member of a colonizing expedition.
  3. (often cap.) an inhabitant of the 13 British colonies that became the United States of America.

I guess I meant all 3!

I’ll be at On Tap On Monday the !7th to celebrate my 41st birthday, and as tradition follows I’ll fight any comers and out drink the rest! Poag Ma Hone!

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]col•o•nist

Pronunciation: (kol’u-nist), [key]
—n.

1. an inhabitant of a colony.
  2. a member of a colonizing expedition.
  3. (often cap.) an inhabitant of the 13 British colonies that became the United States of America.

I guess I meant all 3!

I’ll be at On Tap On Monday the !7th to celebrate my 41st birthday, and as tradition follows I’ll fight any comers and out drink the rest! Poag Ma Hone![/quote]

Me marketin’ team!
Me mother would be so proud. :noway: :wink:

so anyway free drinks at carnegies, everyone else is charging…gee I wonder where to go…leak and potato soup mind…was there ever a more vile concoction?[/quote]
Indeed. Tuber and effluvia potage.
Leek and potato, now, is another kettle of soup altogether. I love the stuff.[/quote]

shit you wouldn’t believe i was a trained proofreader would ya?..according to the ancient laws of my guild i shall now have to disembowel myself…goodbye.