St. Patrick's Day Party at the Taipei Artist Village!

Come over to the Village Bar for This Year’s St Paddy’s Day Party! We’ll be having our parties on the Saturday before March 17th and of course on the Day in question (Wednesday, March 17th). :slight_smile:

Specials of the evening include Cans of Draught Guinness - 2 for 1
Shots of Jameson - 50nt
Shots of Tullamore Dew Whiskey - 50nt
Shots of Baileys - 50nt

These specials will run from 8pm to 12am on both nights!

It Should Be A Party To Remember! And You Most likely Will Be Served By The Only Irish Bartender In Town!

Slainte,

Niall

The address is Beiping East Rd. No.7 (nearest MRT station is Shandao Temple) 北平東路7號

Bump :smiling_imp:

I will try to attend, Niall. Want to see the new place. And I like your offer of free Guinness and whisky for forumosans! :smiley:

I only recently went here for the first time (for some reason), and I can vouch for 2 things:

1. The bar itself, but especially the nice outdoor patio and garden area in the middle of the art building, is pretty frickin cool

2. Niall appears to be Irish

But do you still own/run Hell’s Kitchen? I understood that it had been sold… but then your signature on Forumosa still has the contact info,

You’ve been there before, you pillock.

Now Jimi, if you had made an effort to spell whiskey correctly on this most holiest of drinkin’ days…you would have got the free Guinness…but as it stands only free jameson for you… :raspberry:

[quote=“TwoTongues”]I only recently went here for the first time (for some reason), and I can vouch for 2 things:

1. The bar itself, but especially the nice outdoor patio and garden area in the middle of the art building, is pretty frickin cool

2. Niall appears to be Irish

But do you still own/run Hell’s Kitchen? I understood that it had been sold… but then your signature on Forumosa still has the contact info,[/quote]

Just noticed the address, Two Tongues…thanks for the heads up. Nope, I’m not part of Hell’s Kitchen anymore.

Maybe you can settle something for me. When i was bartending back in the US, it was a bar legend that Jamesons was considered Catholic Irish, while Bushmills was considered Protestant Irish, so you could tell the bar owner’s religious affiliation through which they carried (though obviously most US bars, even Irish pubs, carry both).

Is this true or an urban legend?

You’ve been there before, you pillock.[/quote]
Perhaps, but I don’t recall. I remember you looking rather dashing one afternoon at a place that had dogs and children running around. That the place? I even vaguely recollect drinking some beer. You were drinking yours out of a saxophone if my memory serves me correctly.

Niall, something for you:

[quote=“TwoTongues”]Maybe you can settle something for me. When I was bartending back in the US, it was a bar legend that Jamesons was considered Catholic Irish, while Bushmills was considered Protestant Irish, so you could tell the bar owner’s religious affiliation through which they carried (though obviously most US bars, even Irish pubs, carry both).

Is this true or an urban legend?[/quote]

Well The Bushmills distillery is based in Northern Ireland and the Jameson distillery is based in the Republic and I would say until recently, yes that is how the two whiskies were differentiated. Also when Lord Lucan comes into the bar and I’m giving away a free shot of Jameson, he would say ‘I’m not drinkin’ dat fenian shite!’ So I suppose that last sentence answers your question, Two Tongues.

You’ve been there before, you pillock.[/quote]
Perhaps, but I don’t recall. I remember you looking rather dashing one afternoon at a place that had dogs and children running around. That the place? I even vaguely recollect drinking some beer. You were drinking yours out of a saxophone if my memory serves me correctly.

Niall, something for you:

[/quote]

Right just one Guinness then, Jimi :sunglasses:

[quote=“Barman”][quote=“TwoTongues”]Maybe you can settle something for me. When I was bartending back in the US, it was a bar legend that Jamesons was considered Catholic Irish, while Bushmills was considered Protestant Irish, so you could tell the bar owner’s religious affiliation through which they carried (though obviously most US bars, even Irish pubs, carry both).

Is this true or an urban legend?[/quote]

Well The Bushmills distillery is based in Northern Ireland and the Jameson distillery is based in the Republic and I would say until recently, yes that is how the two whiskies were differentiated. Also when Lord Lucan comes into the bar and I’m giving away a free shot of Jameson, he would say ‘I’m not drinkin’ dat fenian shite!’ So I suppose that last sentence answers your question, Two Tongues.[/quote]

Excellent, thanks!

[quote=“Barman”]Come over to the Village Bar for This Year’s St Paddy’s Day Party! We’ll be having our parties on the Saturday before March 17th and of course on the Day in question (Wednesday, March 17th). :slight_smile:

Shots of Jameson - 50nt
Shots of Baileys - 50nt

It Should Be A Party To Remember! And You Most likely Will Be Served By The Only Irish Bartender In Town!

Slainte,

Niall

The address is Beiping East Rd. No.7 (nearest MRT station is Shandao Temple) 北平東路7號[/quote]

Niall,

Do you do food there ? Will probably be over with a couple of friends tonight, including a Irish firend - so we can eat there as well before we get to the Guinness ?

Yes they have food there. Actually it’s pretty good, not crappy ‘bar-fare’. Kitchen is normally open till around 9.

[quote=“Wantonmien”][quote=“Barman”]Come over to the Village Bar for This Year’s St Paddy’s Day Party! We’ll be having our parties on the Saturday before March 17th and of course on the Day in question (Wednesday, March 17th). :slight_smile:

Shots of Jameson - 50nt
Shots of Baileys - 50nt

Slainte,

Niall

The address is Beiping East Rd. No.7 (nearest MRT station is Shandao Temple) 北平東路7號[/quote]

Niall,

Do you do food there ? Will probably be over with a couple of friends tonight, including a Irish firend - so we can eat there as well before we get to the Guinness ?[/quote]

Yes, Wantonmien…as Kitkat said above. Hopefully see you tonight for a pint or two!

I’m kinda tempted to pop in for a quicky on the way home. Will anyone else be there around 7:30?

Sorry, Niall, I’m not going to make it. Got a bit of a cold. Have a great one!

Is it cos I said I was going?

I wish I could go. Have a happy Irish holiday, irishstu and barman. (And whoever else is Irish. Sandman I think.)

Free shots? Can I take a shot at Lord Lucan?

Be there soon-keep the whiskey warm.