Stabbing in Xindian

Oh my God! This is so horrible. This could’ve happened to anyone.

I feel so bad for the poor guy, and this family. There’s no way he could have defended himself from this. Getting attacked this way from behind, by this psycho and coward.

I don’t know if this attacker has psychological problems and if there were any red flags ( I haven’t read the article). But seriously, Taiwan needs to improve when it comes to mental health and managing those who can potentially be a threat to the public. Lately it seems as if we have one case like this each year.

I still recall that case (very traumatic) when a deranged person randomly attacked a little girl and beheaded her in broad daylight.

8 Likes

I’m not a big proponent of the death penalty, but in this case I’ll gladly make an exception. :rage:

11 Likes

Yes, he has been arrested. He told the police that he was mentally ill and wasn’t in control of his actions at the time…

good that he’s off the streets.

1 Like

its hard to speculate on this case since we know nothing about him… he wasn’t just a crazy guy roaming the streets with a knife… like the crazy guy who roams the streets in my neighborhood with a tea pot. this was after a fight with his wife or gf or whatever. he is obviously not right in the head, maybe a spoiled entitled type gone too far who knows.

1 Like

The news has reported (and shared screenshots of his FB page) that the guy has posted about being mentally ill and self-harming on his personal page. There apparently were red flags on his social media. Of course, even this information does not indicate that he would commit this kind of crime.

Also, the article shared that after getting in a fight with his wife, he fled the public bus they were riding on and she called the police because she knew he wasn’t stable at that moment. He stabbed the vicim shortly after leaving the bus.

2 Likes

小燈泡, March 28 (2016). She comes to my mind every March, for some reason. Maybe because of the Dunblane Massacre was also in March (March 13, 1996).

1 Like

Found pics of him online. I can see cut marks on his arm, probably from self-mutilation.

Apple Daily says he drove away in an Audi and he told the police he had the knife in the car for self protection.

1 Like

Honestly, not too thrilled looking at pictures of this savage. :sweat::nauseated_face:

1 Like

thats pretty telling that she knew to call the cops after he flipped out.

sounds like this dude should have been sectioned a long time ago. too little too late from his wife.

2 Likes

After watching that video, I’m going to be looking over my shoulder a lot in the coming days…

3 Likes

Should probably do that in elevators too…

I always have my back to the wall in an elevator.

I can understand. I have removed them and put a link to the page if someone wants to see it. The page also lists his profession as an “Professional Investor”, don’t know if that’s translated correctly. Maybe he was stockbroker or something…

1 Like

I used to be annoyed by such behavior because of the paranoid vibe it gives off. But now, I think I might be doing the same… LOL

probably a day trader

Seriously. You never know when you’re going to run into a random psycho.

2 Likes

Oof, this is right up the street from me, walk past that McDonald’s almost every day…