Stalagmites

… just want to share another aspect of life in Taiwan with you, lime stalagmites growing in our livingroom! :laughing:

That’s a stalactite, not a stalagmite
StalaCtites hang from the Ceiling
StalaGmites grow from the Ground
:offtopic:[/quote]

Hee - I was wondering when someone would point that out. It’s a lovely drippy thing, Xpet - be proud :slight_smile:

Cool! I have sentient mould growing in my bathroom. Maybe your stalactites and my mould can get together sometime!

I was debating with myself which one it is and a quick search didn’t yield any results, so I just picked one, thanks for pointing it out! Anyway, we’re happy we’re moving out as canucktyuktuk’s suggested union of moist & mildew is already happening in our house … :s

m-w.com/
m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?b … stalactite
m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?b … stalagmite

That’s a stalactite, not a stalagmite
StalaCtites hang from the Ceiling
StalaGmites grow from the Ground
:offtopic:[/quote]

I get the feeling this was rammed home at school. :laughing:

Ouch! :astonished:

Mould is decorative wood or plaster architectural decorative elements. Mold is the sentient slime. :laughing:

Oh yeah? I have more stalagmites or whatever in my bedroom, as water tends to drip from the lamp socket.

The paint’s peeling, mould everywhere and no solution in sight.

Try connecting the lamp to the AC outlet, not the water pipes …

duh, first I confuse stalagmites with stalactites and now this mould vs. mold thing, I feel like the guy who kept writing threat instead of thread in his posts … better sign off now, good night. Xpet.

Try connecting the lamp to the AC outlet, not the water pipes …[/quote]

Did that, didn’t help.

I had those too at my last house. Must be common, I thought it was rare.

Not in British English!

i used to have one of those stalag thingies in my boudoir…used to be a bit of a feature but for some reason the line “would you like to come to my house and see my stalactite” never really worked with the xiaojies…