Stamp addressed envelope to USA from Taiwan

I wish to send a manuscript to a publisher in the USA. They require that the sender sends a stamped addressed envelope in order to return manuscript or inform sender of interest in manuscript. I am from UK not USA and now live in Taiwan. Can I buy USA postal stamps in the Taiwan post office? If so then how would I know how many stamps to place on the return envelope as I have no idea how much it would cost. Secondly if they do not sell US stamps in the Taiwan post office is their another way to do this? So in short I am sending a document to the USA; the receipient requires I cover postage in order to return the manuscript. Anyone done this before?

oh yeah I know asking the post office is the best method but before I confuse them I’d like to know if this is possible from Taiwan.

Do you have to send the actual manuscript? Can’t you e-mail it or send a CD with it on? :ponder:

I suppose you don’t have it on computer? :doh:

[quote=“jimipresley”]Do you have to send the actual manuscript? Can’t you e-mail it or send a CD with it on? :ponder:

I suppose you don’t have it on computer? :doh:[/quote]

It sounds like you also need to send a stamped addressed envelope, even if you just want the feedback.

You can figure out the U.S. postage to Taiwan, pay for the postage online, and print the postage on your printer. Put that on the envelope and you should be good to go.

Thanks ! That is what I needed to know. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote=“jimipresley”]Do you have to send the actual manuscript? Can’t you e-mail it or send a CD with it on? :ponder:

double post sorry

Yes I do have it on computer but some publishers these days demand you send a printed version. In fact it is a smart move as it costs to send by post so that weeds out all the spam and non serious folks.

Problem with e-mails is that a lot of half serious authors just send a few pages in for advice or such like. Generally publishers like to see at least some framework and a good part of the book. Sure the first page is the most important but they like to look further than that blah blah blah. Anyways you get the point!