Staples or Kinko's?

New to the area and was wondering if Taipei had the equivalent of a Staples or a Kinko’s floating around? Looking for:

1. a place that allows you to hop on a computer and do some high quality printing; and/or

2. a place that sells U.S. Letter size paper, preferably by the ream.

I’ve been told I should look around the Shi Da area. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Wow, just the mention of Staples and Kinkos got me so excited I almost fell out of my chair. As far as I know there is nothing remotely resembling either of those here. Why do you want US size paper? I wanted it when I first arrived, but one quickly gets used to their size (unless you are required to use US size). As for where to type and print, you’ll quickly learn that internet cafes suck: they are too smelly, smoky and loud. Much better, I’ve discovered, is to find your closest public library and get a library card. They allow free internet access and reasonably priced printing.

[quote=“fresis”]
2. a place that sells U.S. Letter size paper, preferably by the ream.[/quote]

Costco sells reams and reams and reams of US letter size paper. I have loads of the squatty stuff at home that I bought by accident.

Gus has recommended The American Pie e-Cafe for all your computing/printing needs.

[quote=“Alien”]
Costco sells reams and reams and reams of US letter size paper. I have loads of the squatty stuff at home that I bought by accident.

Gus has recommended The American Pie e-Cafe for all your computing/printing needs.[/quote]

If the paper’s in decent condition (e.g. not too moldy, no paper weevils) and if you’re not particularly attached to it, are you interested in trying to unload some of it?

Also, thanks to Gus–will definitely check TAP out.

Do you like hot pink, electric blue, lime green and neon orange 8.5x11 paper? :shock: Didn’t think so…

Just check out Costco, ok?

Oy, so much for trying to avoid a trip to the outlands… oh well. Thanks for the info!

P.S. To Gus–checked out The American Pie Cafe and turns out Alice is someone I know from New York City… go figure!

Well, it so happens that I live in the far outlands of xijr and I work in the nearby outlands of Costco (block away), so even if you had liked that lovely colour assortment…you’d still would have had to explore the further (and more appealing) outlands of taipei because aliens don’t deliver.

guess i should put this on buy and sell:

500 sheets of neon multi coloured paper for sale, package already opened, 8.5x11 size. Asking NT$5000 obo. cash and carry.
:laughing:

btw, that’s very cool you know Alice at the cafe!! I love those sort of cosmic occurances. coincidence. fate. kizmet. serendipity.

This might be a silly question, but just to make sure… you need a membership to shop at Costco, no?

yeah.
$1200 per year. I share one with member Soddom and we’re not married :laughing: , so you can get one with a friend to reduce costs, making it $600 ea.
It’s well worth it.

King Stone and Elite bookstores sell a lot of stationary stuff, but I am not sure if that is what you are looking for… And it may be more expensive. It seems I remember a place over by Shi-Da Univeristy too, but I cannot remember where…

Up in Tienmu, near the Tienmu Grocery store, I’ve seen a Kwik Copy place there. I was thinking I saw another one somewhere else, but I can’t remember exactly where that was.

So I decide to take a walk, trying to figure out whether I should truck out to Costco or Tienmu for paper (that is, I was trying to figure out if I’d rather lug reams of letter size paper back by bus or by MRT). I get thirsty just thinking about lugging, so I stop by a 7-11 and run into a guy who looks like he might be from the area (I was around Shida) and I ask him about any shops he might know of that carry letter size paper (since a couple of people have already mentioned that there might be some around the university). The fellow said he didn’t really know but thought there was a print shop the next block over that might be able to help me. It was only the next block over (from Yung Kang Jie) so I figured what the heck.

As it turns out, he hit the nail on the head and I’ve found myself a supplier of letter size paper only ten minutes away from home.

Thanks very much to the 7-11 fellow (who was from New Zealand) for the tidbit, and thanks to everyone else for all the suggestions… I’m glad I asked!