Star Cruises visa run

I was just wondering if anyone has done a trip on Star Cruises as a visa run. I emailed them and they said that i wouldn’t have time to get to the visa office to renew my visa. I have read that other people have done this visa run. How did you do it?
If you need to do a visa run as well i would like to have the company. I need to leave by the 11th of August.

Oh no, not this one again. Please try “Search”

Juba, thanks. I’m looking into it. There are seven such topics dealing with Star Cruises. It’s too much work for work time. I’ll do it at home.

You can’t. They take your passport off you when you enter the ship, and you only get it back on return to Taiwan.

Well, the Search function is more than just a little funky.

Been there. Done that. Easy to do.

It works best IF you already have a Multiple Re-entry Visa stamped in your passport.

No MRV? Then you will probably just get a 14-day landing visa when you return to Taiwan. So that is not really cost efficient is it?

For cruise dates and room costs check out Star Cruises Taiwan website (in Chinese) at starcruises.com.tw.

The ship sailing out of Keelung this summer is SuperStar Gemini (shwang dz shing hau). Clicking on that button will take you to the SuperStar Gemini page. It looks like there are three different cruises currently being offered.

Their English site at starcruises.com/Fleet/Gemini/index.html has general itineraries but not the room cost info.

As for costs, the room rates are given as per person. If you want a room by yourself you must pay a 50% surcharge. This is the summer season now and with SARs gone the room costs are rather high again.

[quote]It works best IF you already have a Multiple Re-entry Visa stamped in your passport.

No MRV? Then you will probably just get a 14-day landing visa when you return to Taiwan. So that is not really cost efficient is it?
[/quote]

It only works if you have a multiple entry. You can’t get a visa.

Check out the article in todays China Post.

Brian

Was hoping to take the star cruises “trip to nowhere” in June, but apparently the one-night cruise has been cancelled. According to their office, there are still a number of similar (and more expensive) two-night cruises still running. Anyone heard anything about any plans to revive the the one-nighter? Any other inexpensive visa-run options out there?
Thanks!

bhavana,
I have added your post to an existing thread.
There are also some other threads about Star Cruises.which you can find using the search function (click on “Search” in the top-right corner).

Good luck.