Star Wars: The Clone Wars Movie

Official Announcement

[quote]A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall, in a partnership announced today between Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System Inc.

Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15. International release dates will be announced soon.[/quote]

I’m psyched.

Hope they do a better job than they did with the three prequels.

I was hugely disappointed by the last 3, actually can’t get excited by this now

I definitely agree that the 3 prequel movies were lackluster, in some ways so bad that they tarnished the near “holy” regard Star Wars fans had for the franchise. But I always felt that was because of problems with the actors executing opposite CGI and a certain 8 year old boy :thumbsdown: , the painfully forced “romance” between Anakin and Padme :thumbsdown: , and the de-mystification of the Force by trying to over-explain it :thumbsdown: . The action :thumbsup:, visual effects :thumbsup:, and the plot concept :thumbsup:(as opposed to execution) were well up to standard.

I think the choice to go with the new medium will eliminate at least one (and the most grievous) of these issues.

The only thing I could think of better than this for Star Wars would be if Lucas forged an alliance with Marvel to produce the rest of the series through their movie production talent. :smiley:

George give up control? ha! Great idea, but unlikely.

I’m more upbeat on the tv series than the film. Lucas was behind the Young Indy series, and that was halfway decent. And the spin-off games should rock.