Star World: Which programs do you like? Which ones should they show?

I got a little off-topic on the Thunderbirds thread so I decided to start a new one on just Star World…

For those of us who have Star World, which programs do you watch or would recommend?

Which programs do they not carry that you really wish they would so you could see them?

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
For those of us who have Star World, which programs do you watch or would recommend?[/quote]

The Simpsons - EVERYDAY!!!
3rd Rock from the Sun - Every Week!!
Monk - I like it, but can’t seem to find time to watch it.
Rencently I watched the Joe Millionaire episodes. But it’s over now and next week their started some other reality show.
Everybody Loves Raymond, I occasionally watch it.
The Drew Carey show - Very Occasionally.
Whose Line is it Anyway? - This is the funniest thing I have seen in awhle, unfortunately I seldom get to watch it.
Just Shoot Me - Funny.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
Which programs do they not carry that you really wish they would so you could see them?[/quote]

I can’t think of any off hand.

ditto on Jeff’s comments. Knight Rider is pretty cool on the weekends too :smiley:

… can’t leave out Xena on Saturdays at 7pm… or Friends ( ok it’s repeats but still good ) from 1 - 3 pm Saturdays / Sundays with new series occasionally around 10:00 pm or 10:30 pm Saturday nights.

To my eye most of their schedule looks like that of an American Fox affiliate. Some original Fox stuff, lots of sitcom reruns. If that’s the case, I wish they’d show the best cartoon sitcom (IMHO) ever produced by Fox, written and animated by Mike Judge (Beavis and Butthead):

[color=red]King[/color] [color=white]of the [/color][color=blue]Hill[/color]

I love conservative Texan Hank Hill, his hyperactive father Cotton (shins shot off during WWII), and the Hills’s neighbors–Dale, Bill, Boomhauer, and the overachieving, son-less Supanusaphones. This is the best animated TV satire of America’s middle-class to date, hands down. (perhaps limited to the American middle class living roughly south of the Mason-Dixon line)

I think The Simpsons is ok, but to me it don’t hold a candle to Hank Hill and his clan.

I began watching Monk (Amy Sedaris of Strangers with Candy was on)…I think I’m hooked. And I was tickled to watch Knight Rider…Holy schnapple, I didn’t realize how cheesy that show was!

Please tell me how to get the StarWorld channel…thanks

Getting cable is the first step. After that, I don’t know. It’s on channel 103 (sorry, Alleycat, I stand corrected)…I suppose you might need a remote control that goes up to 100.
If they show the Thunderbirds, then they should also show HR Pufnstuf, Lidsville, and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, in my opinion.

I watch the Billboard Video show on Sundays cause it’s better than MTV Taiwan. They used to play Traders an early Canadian version of the Street.

Still playing Traders…Monday at noon. Almost at the end of the series tho…doubt they’ll run it again.

How can you guys not have mentioned Law&Order SUV (sic)? Tuesdays at 10:00 and again at 1:30 AM.

Oh…I know why…you are saving yourself for NightRider…

I have always said there are 2 kinds of people in the world…Garfield people and Bill the Cat people.

Getting Starworld depends on your provider. I have friends that don’t get it but their evil neighbour does…go figure…BTW it’s channel 90 chez moi in Zhong Ho.

Another killer show that is on is Titus. This is fantastic…Dave cracks me up. And Titus’ g/f’s not bad either. Wednesday, 10:30.

I use Yang Ming Cable which has no starworld. Can you recommend a provider that has it in this area? My bf is dying to see some shows they list. It would be a great christmas gift…

I use a binlang chewin’ old geezer who creeps around every 3 months to collect his 1485 pounds of flesh. I don’t ask. My cable keeps working.

As far as I understand it, cable consortiums are awarded to various pals of pals of pals of a certain general. Call it another example of this thinly veiled Kleptocracy we live in, albeit an example where you barely feel the pinch, but if your address doesn’t land with the right Benz drivin’ Lo Mua, one who includes StarWorld in his package, then you are out of luck. It seems to be so hit and miss as to vary from floor to floor.

Would your b/f like a new apartment for X-mas?

:moo:

Drew Carey must go, so to that other idiot, can’t remember his name now (his father in the show is the guy with the hairlip).

I’d like to see Seinfeld reruns, and Father Ted.

The Drew Carey Show and Whose Line Is It Anyway are my two favorites, by far. Both are hilarious – the only shows on that actually make me laugh.

As for series I wish they’d show more often, #1 is definitely Buffy. It’s truly great. I wish they’d carry it year-round, maybe showing old episodes in the off-season, instead of Dark Angel and Roswell. Those two are rather boring and have never had the punch of a Joss Whedon series. Angel, Whedon’s other series, was good but not great – Buffy is the real gem.

I hope they eventually get Firefly, Whedon’s SF Western series – they’ve carried his other series, so hopefully this one will make it, too. I’ve heard great things about Firefly, although the fact that it only lasted a season may mean it’s not worth the bother of bringing it here.

I don’t know…I like Dark Angel…before I went to bed in the Philippines, I flipped on Star World…:blush:…to watch Monk, The Drew Carey Show (the one where he makes an allusion to Canton, OH:-)), Whose Line, and Titus…my newest Star World addiction is Just Shoot Me.

As for getting it, I’m not sure if I am allowed to say it on here since it’s of questionable legality…when I moved into my apartment, the former tenant told me, “You have cable. Don’t ask any questions and if it goes out, don’t bother to call for service.” Somehow, I managed to get Star World.

Titus, that’s it.

Finally, I agree with you.

What about Love Shack, Joe Millionaire and The BeYonce in the Park special. Thursday night rox. Clearly a man of such wide and varied taste, of such a discriminatorial palette such as yours, would be fixed to the box for such pearls each and every Thursday. :snooze:

Finally, I agree with you.

What about Love Shack, Joe Millionaire and The BeYonce in the Park special. Thursday night rox. Clearly a man of such wide and varied taste, of such a discriminatorial palette such as yours, would be fixed to the box for such pearls each and every Thursday. :snooze:[/quote]

I watched exactly two minutes of Love Shack last night, just when the girl was about to ditch one of the blokes, incidentally. I could not but notice that all three were tanned and toothed, a sure sign, I believe, that the show lacked everything else.

Not thirty seconds later was I proven correct when the gal fake-hugged the guy she had just told to piss off.

I couldn’t even finish watching the hug, so disgusting was what nowadays passes for drama.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but i am pretty sure I saw an ad saying that both 24 and The Sopranos would be part of the new line-up?

I’ll have to watch more closely for those commercials, Toe Save, although I can’t imagine HBO selling the rights to air The Sopranos when they have an Asian affiliate that could air the show just as easily.

By the way, it’s official…I love Monk.