Starbucks Cinnamon Rolls Suck, so what are the alternatives?

Is this your :notes: LAST RESORT :notes: ?

1 Like

Just tried the McDonald’s cinnamon roll. Surprisingly good. :+1:

2 Likes

I saw big plastic containers of good looking cinnamon rules the other day in Nankan Costco. I forgot about freezing for some reason had a brain fart so I will buy them next time.

I’ll usually half the six rolls that come per trey so that I have 12 pieces total (a whole roll is a bit much for me). Then, when I want one, just one from the freezer, unwrap it and put it on a plate, then microwave it on high (from frozen) for about 30 seconds.

4 Likes

Just to add to the Costco cinnamon roll talk. In the past I always ate them cold and felt they were ok. Didn’t like the icing. After seeing that some of you freeze and warm up, I wondered what they taste like warmed up. Holy shit, they are much better. For some reason I thought the icing would go bad but it is much better.

2 Likes

You may have broken down my will and I will have to buy them tomorrow.

2 Likes

Forumosa can be like that. :upside_down_face:

Guy

2 Likes

It is much better microwaved. All that icing starts to warm and ooze down the sides. Really good.

1 Like

The beitou Costco doesn’t have cinnamon rolls

1 Like

I’m going to head over tomorrow, will re-check.

2 Likes

If they are there, I just couldn’t find them

I saw them the other day, so it may be possible. Hopefully they won’t have them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rollin Rollin is pretty much the ONLY real Ceylon cinnamon rolls here. The others are generally dry, airy, they use cheap cinnamon (not Ceylon), use some weird localized crap (cream cheese on top or something), etc etc. You know how it goes.

Before Covid, Kooks in Tamsui was experimenting with an INCREDIBLY glazed ceylon cinnamon roll 
 and it was the best I ever had when it was in “beta”.

However, after covid, they quickly became frozen and reheated – and the pecans removed. Eh.

1 Like

this picture is amazing. I know it’s probably stock but

No cinnamony gooey iced goodness in Belton today

2 Likes

Thought so :cry:

1 Like

You’re in Australia? :thinking:

1 Like

Autocorrect issue. It made me laugh so I kept it

2 Likes

I saw the edit, that’s Denton right? I used to know a guy from there