Starbucks!

7-11, FamilyMart …

The 7-11 connection is not off the mark—those guys and Starbucks in Taiwan are both operated by Uni-President, a company that is not exactly famous for their moral imagination.

Guy

I believe President has a stake in FamilyMart too.

Not as far as I know. The last I heard, Family Mart in Taiwan is operated by the parent company in Japan.

Guy

Then it’s HiLife.

sure the menus are different, but i’ve not noticed the starbucks back home to be more boring. back home i can at least justify going to starbucks as all the coffee chains have a similar price point. in taiwan there is literally no reason to choose starbucks in taiwan. louisa is the exact same thing but 3x cheaper. i go there basically every time now. if i want a more fancy cafe or a place which isn’t full of people with the atmosphere of a zoo i will go to an independent place.

as for other chains, mac D and kfc are behind. mac donalds still doesn’t have the ordering kiosks here. they should be in every store by now. its just a far better system. and kfc in taiwan is just crap.

9 posts were split to a new topic: Restaurant touchscreens

Guess I should check price before commenting. It’s NT$255 per glass. Good but not that good.

20190328_152909

How big is the glass? Bottomless? Maybe you could get a free refill?:laughing::wink:
As I posted before, it’s Starbucks, they can charge whatever they want, people pay up!

255 for a cup of flavoured water!

3 Likes

Me to Starbucks, via the customer feedback page on their international website:

I have feedback about the food options in the Taipei, Taiwan stores. They used to carry awesome raisin and nut bread, along with similar high-quality bread such as “Farmer’s bread” and some bread with cream cheese and nuts. All have disappeared from their stores, with a lower-quality raisin and nut bread now available. Why have these excellent products been removed? It is very disappointing. I hope these products can be brought back to the Taiwan stores. Sincerely, XXX

And a reply, received astonishingly quickly:

Hi XXX,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks. I just finished reading your email and appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with us.

XXX, I am sorry to hear the food quality in Taipei stores has changed, and is not what you expected to receive. Starbucks always strives to provide our customers with the food items that they like and how they like them. I apologize since this is not the experience we want to provide you.

I will make sure to share your comments with the proper department, so we can do our best to ensure our quality in your next visit.

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!

Sincerely,
Luz M.
Starbucks Customer Care

I wonder if it was written by a bot. :thinking:

1 Like

A little AI could whip that out easily. And it would extract the details and roll them up into some big data for management reference.

Yeah, auto-response letters usually arrive “astonishingly quick.” It is generated by a robot after all. “Luz M.” lol…

Except when run by President Chain Store Company. They strive for the highest profit and barely acceptable quality.

And the Starbucks Cinnamon Rolls Suck

I forgot to mention that Starbucks in Taiwan probably includes the ‘ass parking’ fee in their prices.

2 Likes

I guess you need to check more than that.

menu

and the charging all your devices all day long fee.

i’ve started going to cafes earlier than i used to, and i still find most of the good seats are hogged by taiwanese who do little more than charge stuff, watch youtube and play phone games all day. i think you need to get in at 8 or 9 to beat the crowd.