Starkist Sea Kittens!

PETA’s latest campaign to get people to eat less fish has resulted in this gem of an advertising campaign. Their goal is to get the US Fish and Wildlife Service to stop allowing fish to be well fished. Using their words it’s:

[quote=“PETA”]
Ask the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to Stop Promoting the Hunting of Sea Kittens

Given the drastic situation for this country’s sea kittens—who are often the victims of many major threats to their welfare and ways of life—it’s high time that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) stop allowing our little sea kitten friends to be tortured and killed. Who’d want to hurt a sea kitten anyway?!

Sea kittens are just as intelligent (not to mention adorable) as dogs and cats, and they feel pain just as all animals do.

Please take just a few moments to send an e-mail to H. Dale Hall, the director of the FWS, asking him to stop promoting the hunting of sea kittens (otherwise known as “fishing”). The promotion of sea kitten hunting is a glaring contradiction of FWS’ mission to “conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife and plants and their habitats.”[/quote]

Save the Sea Kittens

If this wasn’t an honest to god ad campaign I wouldn’t be laughing nearly this hard. Colbert, a leading expert on this subject matter, had this to say.

What a bunch of pathetic, limp-wristed pussies. I’ll make sure never to give money or support to PETA after this.

Makes me want to puke. Might go down to Taoyuan for some live deep fried fish later tonight.

I believe PETA has overreached on this one. :loco:

:astonished: :noway:
I’m speechless on this one.

…sea kittens…PETA… out of their freakin minds…

Mmmm, kitten with a bit of olive oil and salt is sounding good now. :lick:

What is a sea kitten?

marboulette

A ridiculous new name that PETA has given to fish. Yes, fish. Which are just as delicious as moo kittens and oink kittens, of course.

ohmigod, did you know that people from PETA DELIBERATELY murder innocent garden kittens and tree babies, chopping them up while they’re STILL ALIVE and then drowning them in vinegar and olive oil, maybe with a crunch of black pepper. and then they EAT THEM.

euphemistically refer to them in that condition as SALAD, so you don’t know that you’ve just eaten a living being. we should all exist solely on Cheeze Wiz and Twinkies, because as God knows, there’s nothing organic in them.

My fish come in a can. That is as cute as they get.

[quote=“urodacus”]euphemistically refer to them in that condition as SALAD, so you don’t know that you’ve just eaten a living being. we should all exist solely on Cheeze Wiz and Twinkies, because as God knows, there’s nothing organic in them.[/quote]I believe honey is the only food you can eat that doesn’t cause death or injury to another living being. And maybe fruit.

Peta have done a lot worse stuff than this

youtube.com/watch?v=0exLa6saV9o

and toenail clippings.

and snot

You guys never gave anyone a sea monkeys 'n Coke cocktail as a child?