✈ Airlines | StarLux

EVA is starting to catch up to other airlines in monetizing and saving money- charging to choose your seat in advance, categorizing the price and charging more to change tickets, and apparently removing the Hindu-vegetarian meal option(!) oh and less whisky seemed to be flowing as well last time or two I flew.

Taiwan’s LLC, Tiger Air seems to be doing well. It seems they will have stock listing, IPO soon. As of now all/most of Tiger Air shared owned by CI (China Air). I think its decent airline, I have flown between FUK airport and KHH was not much different than say EVA air for a short flight but very good price YEN5,000 (apox US$45) basic fare. I got good seat row one (in this case Japanese language helps in Check in as far better treatment) nice chat with KHH based Taiwanese and Japanese flight attendants.

1 Like

Chinese would be all over that

Flying from Fukuoka to Kaohsiung?

I like Kaohsiung as much as the next forumosan, but this stretches my imagination. Is it to visit the new mayor? : P

Guy

Getting even more expensive. Wow!

actually they have, or had, a pretty good price recently of something like 20,000twd roundtrip to california but with more restrictions than usual.

If it has “Lux” in the name, you know it’s not a real luxury brand. It reeks of 暴發戶.

Perhaps that’s their target market? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps?

Starlux could break the fragile Taiwanese airline eco system and end up bankrupting itself along with EVA and China Airlines

StarLux announces first regional flights to depart January 23, 2020. Initial destinations will be Macau, Penang, and Da Nang. More to come as new aircraft—all from Airbus, so no trouble from the current Boeing mess—arrive. Some details here:

Guy

2 Likes

Hurrah. Love DaNang and Penang.

1 Like

And all on one class, Deluxe expensive!

Yes I guess it may not be cheap though.

What can you expect from StarLux? According to its founder, “quality standards for others to follow.”

Guy

mile-high club membership privileges

StarLux sounds so 90s Taiwanese Redneck

4 Likes

if that means bigger seats in economy then i’m all for it. if not…jog on.

s-l300

to me, it’ll be a soap airline

3 Likes

Reminds me of Luxy that old club.
Or a pair of blue slippers with a star logo and “Luxe” in the middle