✈ Airlines | StarLux

They no doubt have intel that Taiwan will be easing border restrictions by this time. Likely the creation of a travel bubble that will allow for residents and tourists of certain countries to travel freely.

1 Like

Yahoo! They will match any other airlines frequent flyer status at these levels.

Edit: THEY DON”T really fly anywhere… :wall:

“ Other Airline Member Card Tier Match Application Rules

• This application is applied to the highest-tier and the second highest tier of other airline’s frequent flyer member. (If there are only three tier level for other airlines, the highest tier is considered as major.)”
2 Likes

Unsurprising given the current state of affairs: flights to and from Cebu will need wait.

Guy

They expect a lot of luxury fliers to/from Cebu/Taipei? :wall:

How about… Think outside the box. Think like a rich Taiwanese dude. Why not luxuriously travel regularly to a (in his eyes) pay-for-sex destination?

But yeah, if you think like a normal, smart person then :wall:

Cebu is a 3 hours flight from Taipei, then you can drive less then 20 minute to many resorts. They have some very nice resorts there. So I think there might be potential. There’s not to many good resorts options inside Taiwan?

If you want to travel for cheap sex, I think you choose a low cost carrier. A rich Taiwanese guy will bring his favourite girl with him.

1 Like

Have you seen the prices of proper Cebu resorts?

1 Like

Daring to dream. The pictured “first class” seats however look like some crappy old-school regional business class seats…

Guy

1 Like

That tiny drink shelf, if indeed this is supposed to be an accurate representation of onboard, would be a worry during turbulence.

2 Likes

Looks like Airbus are trying really hard to flog neos, as about half of the orders they have in are at risk.

1 Like

So from StarLux’s perspective, this is an opportunity to buy low.

Wonder how they are managing though with their cash flow during this crisis. Who is financing these guys?

Guy

1 Like

The boss should have lots of family money from Evergreen Shipping.

Also surprising some Asian airlines are profitable from Cargo in 2020, A330 has more cargo hold space.

1 Like

they seem to have a good product. Since the a330 neo’s prospects are so dim currently that the whole program could be in jeopardy they would be having a firesale on them and thus Starlux picking them up. If they can make the USA non stop comfortably maybe Starlux should cancel its A350 orders and just go A330 neo to maximize the discount.

During this punishing pandemic, StarLux continues to think big about US destinations (none in Canada it seems). Some eyebrow-raising choices too such as Miami, FL, as AFAIK no Asian carrier has attempted this so far.

Guy

1 Like

Starllux is a Go Big or Go Home project for Mr Chang

He has to succeed so his half siblings don’t laugh at him

By Golly he is going to succeed or die trying

2 Likes

306 seats in the A350-900 doesn’t sound like a good idea for a luxury airline, but I will wait until I see the seat map before I call it a terrible idea.

2 Likes