Start up questions

I have tried to do a search on this but can’t find anything although I am sure it must have been covered before…if so I apologise for my inept search.

I have 2 questions: -
How would I find out about tarifs on importing business machinery from HK?

How would I find out abut tarifs on importing frozen fruit from anywhere?

To add some context, our Franchisor has asked me to find. When they started in Singapore they literally put the whole inventory together in HK in containers shipped it down and put it back together again. It has huge advantages apparently when looking for local suppliers for future stores as they can see what you are talking about and manufacture/source it for you.

On the fruit front. I want to bring berries possibly from HK, possibly direct from Belgium. They do not grow here but in some countries (Korea) that doesn’t matter and they are heavily taxed on import. I can buy them in Costco but they would be more expensive than just bringing in larger quantities.

Any help on either question would be appreciated.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]I have tried to do a search on this but can’t find anything although I am sure it must have been covered before…if so I apologise for my inept search.

I have 2 questions: -
How would I find out about tarifs on importing business machinery from HK?

How would I find out abut tarifs on importing frozen fruit from anywhere?

To add some context, our Franchisor has asked me to find. When they started in Singapore they literally put the whole inventory together in HK in containers shipped it down and put it back together again. It has huge advantages apparently when looking for local suppliers for future stores as they can see what you are talking about and manufacture/source it for you.

On the fruit front. I want to bring berries possibly from HK, possibly direct from Belgium. They do not grow here but in some countries (Korea) that doesn’t matter and they are heavily taxed on import. I can buy them in Costco but they would be more expensive than just bringing in larger quantities.

Any help on either question would be appreciated.[/quote]

I have no idea bout the tariffs, but I suggest to find yourself a customs broker (報關行 bao4guan1hang2) and ask them.

You can find import tarrifs here: eweb.trade.gov.tw/kmDoit.asp?CAT596&CtNode=641
You have to look up the item code, then look up the code on another list.
Many items are 0% from a WTO country. You need to add 5% VAT on everything.

Thanks Guys.