Starting A Brownie Business - Concept Testing Ideas?

Business idea:

Bake cone shaped brownies, fill with ice cream, sell from ice cream bike.

3 Likes

How about Boba brownies or brownies shaped like a Boba drink.

Better yet, fill with red bean paste.

2 Likes

That’s a conie! Wait, it’s just an ice cream cone!

Green bean. Those are refreshing for summer and the color contrast makes for great Instagram.

I got an MBA, ya know? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

MBA? Mamma bake ayo!

1 Like

I’d bite that.

Master in Basically Anything!

And top with pork floss

1 Like

Taiwanese Dont drink milk? WTH, or do you mean without tea .
Taiwanese glorify milk .
I dont drink milk so i notice all the times when something has milk in it.

OK, that’s a bridge too far… :open_mouth:

Maybe talk to the guys at Churchill’s Sausages? They set up inside the Carrefour at Zhishan, where many Western families shop. In addition to the foot traffic, they sell to the hotel industry - so that could be a model to follow

Or speak to Federico at Zoca Pizza not far from the Linjiang Nightmarket (near Tonghua St). He’s been there for sometime and may benefit from the different eateries nearby, including the international hotels in Xinyi (so you could ask about the possibility of supplying brownies in the area

https://topics.amcham.com.tw/2018/01/discovering-little-italy-taipei/

1 Like

I guess hotels have their ‘pastry’ department.

:flushed: This thread has taken a truly dark turn… :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Moon cake brownies.

1 Like

Oh come on, wrong time of year for that! Obviously right now it should be brownie zongzi. Zongzi brownies? Hm, nope, changing the word order doesn’t make it any more appealing.

2 Likes

You need to plan ahead, come up with a recipe.

Hmm. True. And being mooncakes, they’ll keep forever. Just put them under the year-round Christmas Tree until the appropriate season rolls around.

1 Like

There’s a Taiwanese couple selling homemade brownies near Zhongxiao Xinsheng MRT station exit1? Right next to the elementary school. They have a little bike and glass box on it that keeps them chilled. Very tasty. But, they aren’t the American style brownies. Not too sweet, but still rich and great flavors. I haven’t seen them in a few weeks and I suspect that the cops have been scaring away vendors because it has been getting quite busy there.

I also used to see the Tiramisu mafia selling home made tiramisu near MRT stations. They were doing quite well for themselves but have also disappeared recently. Not sure if they’re still in Taiwan.

As someone else pointed out, you’ll have to adjust the flavor and figure where to best find your ideal customers. Getting a small store is a sure way to bankrupt yourself very quickly. Think more about a bike or some kind a portable stand. 90ntd per brownie is a lot. You may want to reconsider that.

1 Like

I’m going to tell you right now that I don’t really like American style brownies because they’re incredibly sweet and hard to chew. Most Taiwanese will feel the same way.

So if you wanted to open a brownie shop and be successful (barring other things to attract customers like a good location and stuff), you are going to have to adjust the flavor. Ease off on the sugar, make the brownie a lot easier to chew. All that is going to do is turn the brownie into a clone of some tiramisu…

Just like American Chinese food is too sweet and tastes weird to Chinese people here, fortune cookies, etc. you would need to adapt American foods to Taiwanese tastes.

2 Likes